Chapter 9

(Chapter 2 of the game is going to start now)

(Y/N P.O.V, for the entire chapter)
~Time skip~ (Larry also decided to not show the recordings to the reader or sal (confessing their feelings) but he kept them on his phone)

It was now wintertime, snow was covering the ground and it was absolutely freezing outside. It was finally our winter break, so I couldn't really complain about the cold weather. (My winter/Christmas break is like, 2 weeks? So that's what it'll be in the book).

I was laying in bed, wearing cozy pyjamas and under my blankets. I was watching some YouTube on my phone, not really planning on doing much today. That was until Sal texted me.

'Me and Larry r hanging out if u wanted to join?'

I thought about it for a minute and decided I'd feel guilty if I didn't go hang out. I rolled out of bed and threw some clothing on, including Sal's sweater (pic above). I texted him back saying I'd be down in a minute.

I also grabbed a hat and mittens, in case we went outside. I slipped on some shoes and headed down to the basement.

"Hey, guys!" I said as I walked in. They were both sitting on the beanbag chairs, so I flopped onto Larry's bed. I assumed Todd was busy since he wasn't here.

"Hey (y/n)" Sal said sounded a bit upset. "You okay?" I asked him and he nodded.

"He was just telling me about those nightmares he's been having" Larry spoke up. "You're still having those? You told me you weren't any more" I said, concern in my voice. I was a bit upset he lied to me but I pushed it aside.

I've also been having nightmares, but not as bad as Sal. He seemed more and more fazed by them and it was worrying everyone. Larry wasn't getting any nightmares, but he doesn't believe in ghosts, so maybe that's why. Even though we saw that man disappear a few months back, he still disagrees about the place being haunted. Maybe he just doesn't want to think about it being haunted.

"Anyway, enough of the depressing stuff. I've got something to show you both" Larry said while standing up. Sal and I looked at each other than followed him.

I noticed Larry pulling on a red sweater so I assumed we're going outside. I slipped on my hat and mittens. I looked over at Sal to see he also had mittens on and adorable earmuffs. I smiled as I looked at him, he saw me looking and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

Larry led us up the stairs in his room. We've never used them before, but he just told us they led outside. We all walked outside and into the cold air. I wrapped my arms around myself as I and Sal followed Larry.

He stopped in front of a tree and pointed upwards. I looked up and my jaw dropped.

"You have a treehouse and you're just telling us now?" I sounded like a kid, but come on, who doesn't love treehouses?

Larry smiled at my reaction "I go here when I need to be alone. But I figured we could use it as our hang out spot now" he shrugged. He started climbing up the ladder.

Sal gestured for me to go "ladies first" he pretended to tip a hat and I giggled. I climbed up the steps and into the treehouse.

"This is awesome!" I said as I looked around. Sal pulled himself up.

"Yeah, it is. My dad built it for me before he..disappeared.." Larry trailed off. I didn't want to push into his personal life, so I dropped it. But, Sal swooped in and asked anyway.

"Disappeared? What happened?" Sal asked and Larry looked at him. "Nobody knows. One day he was here, the next he was gone. Haven't heard some him since" Larry sounded upset and I gave him a hug, he hugged back and whispered a small "thanks" for the hug. I just smiled back at him.

"What do you think happened to him?" Sal asked and I rolled my eyes. Obviously, Larry didn't want to talk about it, but he did anyway.

"Well, I'm generally not superstitious, and I know you and Chug think that these apartments are haunted, but.." he took a deep breath and continued.

"The day before he disappeared, my parents bought some firecrackers and told me a million times to wait for them. But, me being a stupid kid, I went and used them anyway. I lit a few in the backyard and one flew into Mrs. Gibson's window and killed her pet rabbit.." my eyes widened. Poor rabbit... It went out with a bang at least.

Larry continued, "I ran to check on her, and she was screaming at me like a lunatic. I felt horrible, though. That poor bunny." He sighed again and clenched his fists.

"I was coming back down in the elevator when I saw the demon. He even reached out and touched me, a huge chill went down my body. I was terrified. I honestly thought I was going insane, he was gone not even a few seconds later. But I know he cursed me for what I did. Everything was fucked us after that. My mom stopped talking for a while, my dad disappeared, and I had to spend two weeks In juvy for accidentally killing that bunny. My bike got stolen, and I had to go to summer school because of how many classes I missed." Sal and I were shocked at was he told us. We both exchanged worried expressions.

"I'm the reason everything had happened..my dad, the rabbit, Mrs. Sanderson.. everything" Larry looked very upset.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Even if it's some curse, you can't blame yourself for everything that happens." I said and Larry was silent.

By now, I was sitting on the floor of the treehouse. Sal had sat beside me, lightly putting his arm around my waist. Over the past few months, we've grown closer, but I still haven't worked up enough courage to ask him out. I doubt he likes me like that anyway, he's just being friendly.

"So, whats the demon look like?" I asked Larry, wanting to know what to look out for.

"I've never seen anything like it.. it was a huge moving shadow, all black and misty, but with the form of a man.. and the eyes were the worst part they were a deep red and pierced right through me" Larry explained and the room went silent for a few minutes.

"I've..seen your demon" Sal suddenly spoke up and we both looked at him. "When did you see it?" Larry asked.

"I've seen it in the building, just like you described. It must be linked to the other ghosts too" Sal said. "What if we break this curse of yours?" He added.

"How? You can't just break a curse" Larry said. "There must be some clues around here, we just need to look around", Sal said as he stood up, taking my hand and pulling me with him.

We began to search around the treehouse, hoping to find some clues.

~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3