"Oh my gosh that is so weird!" Annie cried. She was awed at any and every detail told to her about Everglades.

More specifically, she was amazed that sharkmen genuinely loved living near the ocean. This came to no surprise, as weremen in general disliked bodies of waters. They thrived in wooded areas and appreciated sturdy ground.

Mia took another sip from her wine. It seemed that the few days the Alpha was away the pack mourned his absence and planned a welcome dinner. The moment they returned to Dark Falls they were ushered into the beautifully decorated dining room and enjoyed a grand feast coupled with wine. Mia was not much of a drinker, but this wine in particular had such a sweet taste it settled lovely in her stuffed stomach. What was this now, her fourth, fifth glass?

Annie was her designated filler. Every time the glass reached empty she refilled hers and Mia's all over again. Mia had the feeling she was copying her. It was entertaining to watch the red-head sip from her glass in the exact same moments Mia did. She was like a little sister who enjoyed doing everything her big sister did.

"I'm going to head to bed." Sammie announced, standing from her chair and stretching.

Mia decided she would do the same. They spent sufficient time in dinner to show appreciation for their efforts instead of heading straight to bed after the flight. Now the weariness of the entire day was catching up, and all Mia wanted was sleep.

It was when she stood to her feet that she realized quite how much she had drank. The room spun momentarily before staying in place. Oops? Two warm hands steadied her, appearing suddenly from her right. Saurus.

"You drank too much." He scolded softly, carefully guiding her away from the chair.

Mia only smiled. The wine did well in keeping her nerves calm despite his hold over her. When he didn't let go, she realized he had made it his appointed duty to guide her to her room in one piece.

He's so cute, Mia thought. She rather liked his lips, which were currently in a worried scowl. She wanted to kiss them.

"We're here." Samuel murmured. He opened the door to her room and waited for her to enter.

Mia didn't. Instead, she kept staring at him.

"Is something wrong?"

Mia giggled, hiding her face within his chest. The wolfman sighed. He ran his fingers through her hair, rubbing her back softly before entering with her. When she looked up again it made his breath stop. Mia often did that to him. She was so beautiful, even she was slightly under the influence and a little silly. Her cheeks were tinged red due to the alcohol, and she was staring at him with curious eyes. What he wouldn't do for this woman.

He would have never thought bringing her to Everglades would give him answers he desperately needed. As a matter of fact, it changed his whole perception. If her actions were any indication, his vixen had some hidden feelings for him, and it was this he wanted to carefully string out.

Samuel felt his heart accelerate when a wandering finger of hers touched his bottom lip. She was staring at it, his lips. The wolfman growled, swiftly plucking her hand away. "Don't be such a tease." He hissed.

Mia gave him an adorable confused look before giggling and padding off to her bed. Good. Lest he get ahead of himself and comply with his deep desires. He would love nothing more than to make her his. But everything in its due time.

"It's so hot." She complained, beginning to take her shirt off.

It took all of his control to close his eyes and turn around. There were many sides of Mia he could handle. Skin-showing Mia was not one of them. "Goodnight Mia."