Chapter Three - The Heartbreak

I spilled all of the details to my dad. I explained how mum seemed to hate Ripley and I didn't know why and how I felt about talking to her, being with her.

He seemed understanding at first. But after I told him that I was falling for her, he said something I'll never forget.

"You are worse than your worthless mother." he spat into the phone.

He'd never spoken to me like that, or at all for that matter. I slowly pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up.

Looks like my family doesn't understand what love or affection is.

~~~~~~

I woke up, wrapped in coils under my blankets. I don't recall going to bed last night.

I had half an hour until I was supposed to get up, so I opened my laptop and logged into Skype.

1 New Message from axel.potato !

2 New Messages from Ripley.Marlin.smile !

1 Missed Video Chat invite from Ripley.Marlin.smile !

Well I guess Ripley really wanted to talk to me.

I opened the chat room and looked at what she tried to send me.

Ripley: Hey

Ripley: Does your mum know who I am?

Video chat started.

Video chat ended.

I guess I better tell her the truth.

Hannah: I think she does, why?

Whilst I waited for a reply, I had a look at what Axel was trying to talk to me about.

Axel: Tonight, me and the gang are going to the movies. Wanna come? you can bring Riley if you want. :)

I laughed loudly.

Hannah: Haha! Her name is Ripley, and I'm not sure I can tonight. You know, stupid teachers and their homework! :(

I slammed onto the enter key.

"Hannah..." Georgia's frail voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I spun around to face her.

"Yes?" I sort if asked her, noticing a sliver down her cheek; a tear.

"My eyes hurt..." she trailed off, walking towards me, rubbing her closed eyes.

"Let me look at those pretty squishies!" I told her, smiling widely.

She giggled and flicked on the desk lamp.

"Hmmm..." I began.

"Well, there's no monsters, or bad in there. I think you just have an itch. Maybe the eye fairy will come and fix it it you rest?" I suggested.

I beamed at her.

"Okay! I'll go back to bed and she can fix my eyes!" she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me.

After our little squash of love, Georgia ran back to her bedroom.

I glanced back at my laptop screen.

Ripley: My mum says I should stay away from you.

Hannah: My mum said the same...maybe they don't like each other?

Ripley: But my mum likes most people. It's just you that she doesn't like. Also she wants me to block you on Skype. I'm sorry. Guess I'll see you around. Bye :(

I felt my eyes well up.

NO! I will not cry over some newbie.

An attractive, sweet, adorable, loveable, squishable, lickable...oh my lordy...I really like her.

But she's so...so...so........so......mean!

Ugh!!!

I hate life.

Why can't I be normal and just like a good looking guy like Axel or something?!

I'm such a weirdo.