Chapter 75.

"All my friends are heathens, take it slow

Wait for them to ask you who you know
Please don't make any sudden moves
You don't know the half of the abuse"

***

I still don't know how Harry manages to break my heart while he builds it, but he seems to have that ability in endless spades.

I can't comprehend what that burden would feel like in your mind, that wanting to love someone would end up destroying them, that feeling something so beautiful would rip that person away from you.

I don't even know how to soothe that worry, love for so many people is a dream and for him it feels like a death sentence, I don't know what to do.

I wrap my arms around him, hugging him close to me "Figuring out love isn't going to take me away or hurt me Harry, I promise, I wish I could make you believe that"

"But look what's happened just because I care about you, it's only going to get worse the more I care" he says quietly, sounding mournful.

I huff, pulling back and making him look at me, and keep my voice firm "This isn't happening because you care about me, it's happening because David is a fucking psychotic asshole alright? It's his fault, not yours"

Harry goes to answer but the loud knocks at my door grab his attention, and he gives me a quick chaste kiss with a resigned sigh before he steps around me and walks towards my front door.

I honestly don't know how I'm so composed, I think my brain and body has just taken on so much today, that they've shut down until I can cope with it properly.

I watch him reach the door, holding the handle before he says sounding suspicious "Who is it?"

"The two hottest motherfuckers you'll ever meet" Jimmys voice bellows from the other side, and Harry shakes his head before turning the handle and revealing a grinning Jimmy, and a Steve who is rolling his eyes.

I walk to stand in the lounge room as Jimmy and Steve walk in when Harry steps aside, and closes the door behind them, locking it.

As soon as Jimmy sees me he gives me a bright smile, looking around my apartment as he blows out a whistle "Damn, diggin the feng shui in here - nice place honey cakes"

Steve gives me a warm smile as he comes to stand next to Jimmy "It's a lovely home sweety, very cosy"

"Thank you" I smile back sincerely at them, and Harry just stares at them blankly, inhaling deeply like he's over their behaviour already.

Jimmy walks over to my dining table, pulling out a chair and dropping down into it casually, and looks to Harry "So what's my fuckwit father done this time?"

I whip my head to Jimmy, while Harry storms over to him and cracks him up the back of the head "Do you ever think before you open that fucking mouth?!"

...Did...did Jimmy just say father? Did he just refer to David as his father?

Why would he say that?

Jimmy swats Harry away, rubbing his head "What is your problem? It's not like none of us don't know it already"

"Know what?" I butt in, just staring at the both of them confused stood completely still.

Steve goes to lean against the kitchen counter, shaking his head as he looks at Harry and Jimmy.

Jimmys brows shoot up, as he sucks in an awkward breath through his clenched teeth, pointing at me awkwardly "Oh... She doesn't know yet does she?"