Chapter 23

Harry's P

Harry's P.O.V.

"How long do you think Steve will be?" Jimmy asks, taking another long drink from his beer.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, looking at the time, squinting as the bright light hits my eyes since they've adjusted to the dim red glow here "It's only 6pm, he said he was grabbing him around five, so they should be here soon"

I check to make sure I have no messages from Abby, I've been too scared to let my phone out of my sight all day, worried I'll miss a call like the last one.

She better be at my apartment or I swear to god.

I quickly send her text, feeling like a whiny girlfriend when I do.

Why hasn't she text me?

Abby:
Sent 6pm:
Haven't burned the place down yet have you? You've been very quiet little mouse

I really didn't think this through before I demanded she stay there, I can't explain why I did it, I just know I don't want her out of my sight and want to know she's safe and no other asshole can hurt her ever again.

I'm not exactly complaining that it means I'll get to be around her as much as I want for a few days, especially now that I can touch her like I want to.

I still can't believe she fucking kissed me.

My phone vibrates, grabbing my attention and I smile.

Abby:
Received 6pm:
No not yet, give me a couple more hours though. I'm working on it. When will you be back

Abby:
Sent 6.01pm:
Very funny. Not for a few hours, behave yourself

Abby:
Received 6.01pm:
I always do

I know sweet girl, I know you do, that's why I'm so obsessed with you.

I shove my phone back in my pocket, rolling up the sleeves of my black dress shirt and shift to get more comfortable in my seat.

That's something else I didn't think through, I had to come up with an excuse for Abby about where I was going in only a pair jeans, considering that's how I showed up at her house last night and left my apartment key with her like a lunatic.

I told her I had some clothes at my office I was going to grab while I was out and thankfully she didn't ask any other questions, she never does usually, lucky for me.

It technically wasn't a lie, I did have spare clothes here, I just wouldn't call where I keep them an office.

I still don't know what's going on with me when it comes to her, I had to google it, I was literally googling my symptoms like I had a brain tumour, turns out it's just feelings.