Chapter 13: Falling

Taehyung's P.O.V.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

I cursed over and over again inside my head, giving respect to those who were still sleeping. It was 2 am. Normally, I would be tucked nicely in bed, hugging a pillow or in some cases editing pictures. Tonight was not one of those nights.

My erratic breath formed a slight mist as I exhaled, walking outside. It was quite chilly, but chilly or not I didn't notice. My feet just seemed to act on their own, carrying me to the door leading to the outside of the orphanage. I didn't object though. I needed a breather.

I release another shaky breath. I could still remember how Y/N leaned his body against mine as I hugged him from behind. The way my arms wrapped around him perfectly, like that pillow from your childhood you still hug from time to time. I did this kind of trick to every girl I met. They fell over all that lovey-dovey stuff easily, that's for sure. Trade secret, besides my killer grin and face. Everytime I did it, they seemed to think that a bond already existed between us, only for me to break that 'bond' afterwards.

But that time with Y/N... I didn't need to think it through. I was undeniably, unmistakenky, without anymore questions, starting to fall for him. And his smile when I kissed his forehead, his smile! I swear, I just wanted to cover those lips framing that smile with my own right at that moment. I'm just thankful that Y/N didn't notice then how my heart was pumping real fast. If it had the choice, my heart would've bust out of its cage as soon as possible.

With my fidgety hands, I turn the knob after a few hand slips and the cool, night breeze greeted me right away. Sitting down on one of the steps in the porch, I breathed out into my hands in an attempt to keep myself warm and cozy while I stared out into the distance.

I couldn't count how many girls I've been in a relationship with. I didn't bother. My mind has already grown accustomed to the "Come and Go" mentality. Once I grew tired of them, I naturally opt to discard them, simple as that.

But Y/N's case was...different. He made me feel things I only felt the times I was with "her". The slight buzz in my head, the desire to hold him closer, and other things that bogged my mind after every encounter. I kept on having the same things I taught myself to shut out and ignore. It came to the point I was actually willing to accuse Y/N of meddling in the supernatural. Crazy, I know, but you gotta admit the shit scary.

Anyway, the point is, I knew I was falling for him.

But I didn't want to admit it and accept this warm feeling whenever I'm with Y/N. Not after the first. Not again. I don't want to go through that anymore.

"Hey." I turn around, only to see, by the door way, none other than Y/N. My hands grip the edge of the step of the porch I'm sitting on tighter. Stop beating so fast!

"Oh, hi." My words came out as calm as I managed it to be, but deep inside I was low key panicking. This was my supposed to be time to think things through, then the person I was trying to sort my feelings for suddenly appears? This was just great.

"How come you're here?" I started foremost. The urge to scoot away but at the the same time to move closer to him filled my senses as he sat next to me. I gulped as a soft smile graced his lips, his E/C eyes reflecting the moonlight perfectly.

"Well, I woke up just in time to see you go out of the room." Y/N breathed deeply in. "The air is nice, hm?" I only nodded at this and stared again at the distance. It was the typical provincial view, but something about the early morning made it interesting. I'll admit though, someone was much more interesting, and he was beside me.

My eyes widened immediately and I shook my head ever so lightly. What was I thinking?!

"You okay?" Y/N caught on my act and I poised myself immediately. I clasped my hands together, my arms resting on my lap. When I didn't answer, I couldn't blame him as he became more curious. It wasn't like me to not simply reply just like that. Not like me at all.