oxxi. roger taylor

( title ) too much love will kill you
( love interest ) roger taylor
( status ) available

( oc name ) josie 'jo' barker*
( faceclaim ) mary elizabeth winestead*

( oc name ) josie 'jo' barker*( faceclaim ) mary elizabeth winestead*

( plot summary )

( plot summary )

two gangs, both alike in dignity, in fair ... where we lay our scene. from ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. from forth the fatal ties of these two foes a pair of star-crossed lovers take their life. whose misadventured piteous overthrows do with their death bury their gang's strife. the fearful passage of their death-marked love, and the continuance of their leaders' rage, is now the story's long traffic of our stage. the which if you with patient ears attend, what here shall miss, our toil strive to mend.

( additional information )
— this is a queen au story with no association to the band's history whatsoever. it's a retelling of shakespeare's romeo and juliet surrounding the violent feud between two rival motorcycle gangs. a basic knowledge of the source material would be appreciated.
— each member of queen represents a character from romeo and juliet. roger represents romeo, freddie represents mercutio, deacy represents benvolio, and brian represents friar lawrence (roger's friend and has no association to the gang). for an update to the story, brian will not be an actual friar working with the catholic church, but roger's roommate whose a science major at the local university, and will be whom roger confides in a lot. he will also break into his professor's lab at some point to concoct the 'potion' that jo will take to send her into the death-like slumber. also miami plays a role in this story and assumes the position of lord montague... who in this fic represents the leader of the biker gang they are in.
— this fic is set in the early 70s and revolves around the rivalry between a british and an american biker gang. the american gang will all ride harleys, while the british gang will all ride foreign bikes. i have not decided if i want the story to take place in america or in england as of yet. but the city in which this fic will be set in will go where the '...' is currently.
— in case you didn't guess, josie — or 'jo' as she more commonly referred to by members of her gang— represents the character of juliet. her motorcycle that she rides is a 1971 harley-davidson fx super glide. she is the youngest of three siblings; the oldest being the character of ... who represents the character of lord capulet and is the leader of the american biker gang, and the middle child being ... who represents the character of tybalt. at the beginning of the story, she is engaged to ... who represents the character of paris, and is the son of a wealthy motorcycle tycoon. although she has no real feelings for him, and the marriage is an arranged one. at first roger doesn't realize she's a woman because at the race they meet at she's wearing loose fitting clothing and the gender neutral nickname throws him off. but whenever she takes her helmet off, that's when everything changes.
— in place of the masquerade ball in the play, the two will meet at a race between the two gangs. roger enters the race in hopes of winning and impressing his current object of affection, rosa ( who represents the character of rosaline ) whom is also a member of the american biker gang. she's been playing hard to get with him for awhile, and he hopes that winning this race will finally be the thing to win her over. he ends up being pinned against jo in the race, and she ends up beating him. and whenever she takes off her helmet, roger instantly becomes infatuated with her beauty and forgets all about rosa. after the race, the american biker gang heads to a bar to celebrate their victory, and a handful of members from the british gang — including roger, deacy, and freddie — decide to go and crash the party. this is where roger and jo are reunited and their lust for each other begins.
       — the story will follow the basic plot of romeo and juliet, but with updates to the story being made given the setting and the context. so that means that it will end in the deaths of both roger and jo. don't be alarmed by the summary being written in the traditional shakespearean writing, iambic pentameter. that's just a little spin on the prologue of romeo and juliet and the fic can be written in normal dialogue. but just keep in mind the basic plot of the play when writing it as that plot is the source material for this modern retelling.
      — if you have any further questions, they please ask me @/evanshansen