It took Ammi some minutes before she spoke. "She told us that before she left, and I too know that's never the good option for Fadwa. But she's selfless as you know. What do you think is the better solution for this, Nadia?" Ammi asked and all her attempts of not letting her tears out proved futile. She briskly cleared them away.

Nadia looked confused, she's pointless. "I don't know, Ammi. Maybe we get a loan and pay little by little?" She suggested it was the best idea.

"I don't think that would work, but how much are the exams fees?" Ammi asked, not that she was sure they would get the loan, she doesn't like loaning money. It's just not her thing.

"For WAEC; it's 19,950. For NECO; it's 9,850. For Jamb, it's 5000 but the period for jamb has passed so we can only focus on the two mean ones. That makes it 29,800." Nadia mentioned, hopefully looking at Ammi with beseeching eyes.

Ammi gasped. Where in the whole world of Adamawa could they find a loan of 30000, because what's left of the two hundred nairas? The tears came back to her in a rush. She couldn't stop it this time around.

"That's a huge amount, Nadia. Nobody could lend us this amount and you know it. They would think that he's the one that sends us, you know our reputation here. I don't know what we can do again." She was silently crying now if there's a way she could do something about this she would. By Allah, she would.

Fadwa moved to where Ammi was and placed her hand on her shoulder, "Stop crying, Ammi. I'm fine living my life as it is, please don't stress yourself over this. If it's destined to happen, it would. Don't bother yourself please, I'm fine. Trust me."

"Fadwa, they say education is the key to success. You were the one that told Majida this two weeks ago, aren't you? And why are you saying you're fine with you being off that lane? Never."

"Ammi, I told her that so she could be serious with her studies more, and it worked. But education is not the key to all successes. With education or without, your Fadwa would surely be successful. Trust me." And she leaned in and hugged Ammi, she felt tears rolling down her cheeks at the warmth that seeps from her mother, and she tried not stifling them back-they've been holding there for two weeks.

Seeing the emotional turmoil they're in, Nadia wiped away her tears and silently hushed her goodbye to them, walking out of the room with a heavy heart. She prays Allah to see them through their affairs. For she hates seeing her friend in this crumbled situation.

She pulled down her legs onto the bare ground of Adamawa state. She inhaled the air and smiled, turning to look at her son that had his face tight since when their flight landed. Instantly, Mamitah fell in love with the state and its ambience.

"Let's get down, Maheer. I need to catch my plane back to Abuja today." She speaks with a french accent and acts with all grace a french woman would. She is Mashel LaPointe, the exquisite french wife of Alhaji Aliyu Shagari. Mother to the famous heartbreaker; Maheer Aliyu Shagari.

"Mamitah, would you stop being all giddy about this whole state, please? It seems that you can relocate back here with every chance you might get." He groaned and hopped out of the car in a swift movement.

Mamitah looked at him and smiled before she walked behind him to match his steps. She begged Daddy to buy this apartment for him because he kept saying it was him staying off-campus that instigated his naughty behaviours at the three different countries he went for studies. But what would she do other than beg? Because Maheer swore not to come to Adamawa unless he is to live off-campus.

"Let's get in, I know the gateman is here," she said and took his left arm in hers and they walked to the front door.

They knocked at the front door and waited until the gateman opened the door and bowed down to greet his boss. "Good evening, Hajia. I wish you had a very good trip?" He asked, standing up, as he ran to the car and began taking the luggage the driver was unloading from the car.