Prologue . . . Welcome To Texas

Start from the beginning

"Miss Daniels?" I nodded with a smile.

"Yes, that's me." He rolled his eyes at my cuteness.

"You're room isn't ready." He said annoyed.

"Wait a second, what do you mean my room isn't ready?" I asked confused. It's not a hotel room. It's an apartment how couldn't my room be ready.

"Termites."

"Termites? There's termites in my room?" He nodded and turned back to his newspaper.

"Well, how long until it's clear to go in?" He sighed and looked up at me.

"Well, when you pay, and then whenever the workers are done. So . . . a month?"

What. The . Fuck?

"Wait I have to pay for the extermination for a room I haven't moved into yet and then I have to wait a month to move into that room?" I asked getting my facts straight.

"Mhm." He said nodding clearly not caring for what I have to say.

"Are you kidding me? I don't have money for the exterminator! And I have no where else to stay for a month!" He shrugged.

"Well sorry about your damn luck, but just so you know my rooms always opened." He offered licking his lips making me internally gag.

"I'll pass." I said before storming my way outside to my car. I put my hands on my hood and started hyperventilating.

I'm screwed. Dear God, I am so screwed.

I had no where to go and no job. Should I just go home? Did I even have enough gas to get home?

"Son of a bitch." I mumbled and kicked the tire of my car.  "Okay think Catherine think."

I needed a job first. Even if it was some crappy job where I had to stock shelves.

I looked up and across the street and saw a coffee shop.

"Oh thank you God!" I  praised. I grabbed my computer bag out of my car before running across the street and into the coffee shop.

The bell rang as I opened the door and the scent of coffee hit my nose.

I walked straight up to the counter.

"Hello can I help you honey?" A nice older lady asked and I smiled at her.

"Actually, I was wondering if you had any job openings?" I asked and she bit her lip which indicated her answer as no.

"I can check, but I'm not sure we do." She said apologetically. "Why don't you have a seat and i'll bring you a cup of coffee . . . on the house." I nodded in thanks and walked to one of the booths.

I felt a headache forming as I realized that my whole new start at life was becoming a distant dream.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a the waitress came over and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Here you go dear."

"Thanks." I said and she sighed.

"I talked to my husband. He owns this place, and I'm sorry but we aren't hiring." I smiled at her even though I felt tears start to form.

"Thank you for checking. I appreciate it." She nodded at me before turning away.

I felt my tears fall onto my cheeks but I quickly wipe them away as I pull out my computer and enter onto my MineCraft account.

If anything was to make me feel better than it would be minecraft. As soon as I entered a message popped up:

Brownman would like to join your game.

I debated for a minute before I decided what the hell. It's not like my day could get any worse and any asshole could ruin my game play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten minutes later I was all smiles as I had killed BrownMan about twenty times and stole his Gold Tower.

Another Message popped up as I put up the gold tower up at my house.

You stole my Tower of Pimps!

I smiled and quickly typed back.

You shouldn't die so much then.

As soon as I typed that it said that Brownman had quit the game.

I rolled my eyes. Sore loser.

I, myself, logged out of the game and shut my computer. It was nice to be out of reality for a while but now I had to go back to my homeless reality.

I began putting my computer back in my bag when a man walked up to me. He was a normal-heigth with black hair and thick black glasses.

"You wouldn't happen to be ArcherGirl would you?" I raised my eyebrow. Archergirl was my screen name.

"Yeah, who are you?" I asked and he smirked.

"I'm Brownman."

Dedication to AH_LilMadFree for her awesome books! Check them out sometime if you are an achievement hunter fan! You will definately get sucked in!

Hope you all enjoy this begining it will only get better!

XOXOXO

PoisonGirl

MARKNUTT!