Chapter Thirteen

Začať od začiatku

"He probably needed some space, away from all the questions." I guessed. Soon enough, we got our food and starting eating. Newt then approached us. He made Chuck scoot over so he could sit by me, of course. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

"Oh, you know you love me." He grinned.

"Well obviously!" I beamed, and he pecked me on the lips.

"ROSA AND NEWT! GET A ROOM!" Minho hollered, causing a handful of Gladers to look our way. I facepalmed.

"Shuckface." I mumbled.

"Oh, you know you love me." Minho said, mocking Newt.

"Shut your hole!" Newt said, jokingly.

The three of us continued poking fun at each other, but we stopped as soon as we heard a scream of pain. It seemed to be coming from the Deadheads.

"Thomas.." I gasped. We all jumped up and started running to the source of the scream, hoping it wasn't too late. Alby joined us in running.

"You three, don't interfere with what I'm about to do." He said, and ran ahead. We followed, being stealthy. We stopped as soon as we saw what lay ahead.

Ben looked absolutely insane, and he had Thomas pinned to the ground. Alby was calmly telling him to stop, but he refused, claiming the Thomas was bad. I teared up, and just as I was about to step in to help, Newt stopped me. He shook his head, and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

Alby started to count to three, but Ben still didn't stop. He pulled out his blade to slash Thomas, but before he could do anything, Alby let the arrow fly. I screamed, breaking free from Newt's grip, and ran towards the body on the ground. Thomas quickly crawled away, terrified by what he had just witnessed. Minho ran over to him to help, and Newt ran to me.

I held Ben's limp body in my hand. The arrow had gone right into his cheek, and blood was pouring onto my clothes. I held him in my hands, as a tear ran down my face. But I wouldn't let myself cry, not yet. Newt was talking to me, but I was muting him out. I suddenly stood up, and turned to Alby.

"I could've stopped him without hurting him." I said quietly, rage filling my voice. He just shook his head. "Listen to me, Alby." I raised my voice. "You shot him. You bloody shot him. I could've easily stopped him by just speaking to him, and you know that. But you did it anyways. You murdered. You.. You didn't even give me a chance!" I screamed.

Alby just turned and walked away, back to the Glade. I sunk to my knees and held him in my arms. "He's dead." I whispered sadly.

Newt sat next to me, stroking my hair. I embraced him, sobbing into his chest. I just watched my friend get killed, and I didn't do anything about it.

Minho and Thomas were standing off to the side, but I wasn't quite sure what they were doing. Suddenly, I took my head away from Newt's chest to see Thomas throwing up. Minho was rubbing his back for him, and he vomited all over the ground. I didn't blame him. I honestly felt like throwing up too, but I held it in.

Thomas stood up shakily, walking back to the Glade with Minho. I looked at Newt sadly. "We should probably go.." I muttered. I stood up, shaking worse than Thomas was. Newt slung his arm around me, and we slowly walked back.

When we got back, majority of the Gladers stared at us. I realized it was because I was covered in blood. Ben's blood. "Just keep walking. Ignore them." Newt whispered. So I just kept walking. But I couldn't ignore everybody, when all eyes were on me.

Newt brought me to the Homestead, into his room, and sat me down on his bed. He grabbed one of his longer t-shirts, and handed it to me. "Here, you can sleep in this." He told me. I nodded in thanks, and slipped of my clothes. I could care less that was Newt was watching, he had seen me change before.