Chapter One

I awoke to the sound of screeching metal.

"Where am I?" I asked aloud, without an answer.

I suddenly realized, I couldn't remember anything, and began to panic. My family, my life, the world, I couldn't remember anything about it.

When I stood up and started to pace, I fell down. I then realized my surroundings.

I was enclosed in some type of metal box, and it was moving. 'Like an elevator...' I thought.

Knowing it would be better to just wait it out, I leaned back against the wall of the box.

After what seemed to be at least two hours, the box lurched to a halt. Looking up, I saw a blinding light, and it started to expand.

Not knowing what was happening, I hid behind a crate. I wouldn't be noticeable to anyone above.

Suddenly, I heard many voices erupt at once.

"Who is he?"

"I can't see anyone!"

"The shank must've klunked his pants and hid."

"Must be a shuckhead coward."

Everyone was silenced when someone entered the box. I peered out from my hiding spot to see a boy staring at me.

"It's a girl!" He exclaimed in a thick accent.

The crowd above erupted into chatter, yet the boy came closer to me. I started to crawl away from him.

"I don't want to hurt you, I promise. I just want to help you." He said, holding out his hand.

I stopped crawling away, and he came closer to me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

He was tall, but I was tall too, making us about the same height, he had blond hair, and square jaw. He shook my hand, and then looked up out of the box.

"Alby, toss down the rope!" He shouted, and I flinched a bit, causing the crowd above to laugh.

The boy grabbed onto the rope, and nodded for me to grab on too. We were pulled up by Alby, as the boy called him.

Alby was a muscular, dark skinned guy. He was much taller than me and the blondie.

He said something to me, but I had zoned out. The entire crowd was talking, making strange remarks.

"A girl? Why a girl?"

"I call dibs!"

"No way, she's mine!"

"There's not any chance you're getting me to work with a shuckface girl."

All of a sudden, I realized why the remarks were so strange.

It was all boys.

I was snapped back to reality when someone put their hand on my shoulder. I spun around quickly, and realized it was only the boy who helped me out of the box.

"You okay?" He asked me.

I must've missed quite a bit while I was zoned out. I just blinked, and walking away.

I had to push my way through the crowd, because most of the guys wouldn't move out of my way.

Alby and the boy came after me, and I sat down under a tree.

When they reached me, I started talking before they could even begin.

"Where the hell am I? And why am I here? Who are all of you, and why did you bring me here? Why am I the only girl, and why is that such a problem?" I listed off a small portion of my questions, and glared angrily at the two in front of me.