Chapter Eight

It was dark when I woke up. Looking around, I didn't know where I was. I knew for sure that I wasn't in my bed. Looking next to me, I saw Newt. I then realized I was still in his room. I quickly jumped to my feet, causing my head to spin. I felt dizzy, and I stumbled backwards. I landed with a thud, causing Newt to wake up.

"Rosa! Are you okay?" He asked me, jumping out of bed. I nodded, and just sat on the floor. I still felt lightheaded. He came over to me, and shook his head. "No, you're not."

I managed to speak. "Newt, I'm fine. I stood up to fast after sleeping, that's all." I stood up slowly, making sure to keep myself balanced out. He held onto my shoulders, making sure I could stand. "I should probably go, I need to meet Minho in the map room."

"Are you sure you want to go? I can tell him you got sick.." He said, but I shook my head. I needed to go. "Well, be careful. I'll see you at supper tonight, okay?" And I nodded.

I left Newt's room, and started towards the Map Room. That's when I started to recall the events of the night before. Newt must've just let me sleep in his bed instead of taking me back to my cot. It made sense, because he probably didn't want to wake up the other Gladers. It's not like he was trying to do anything.

I entered the Map Room, to find that I was the first one there. I examined the Map, looking at what I ran yesterday. Then, Minho came in. "Ah, you're up. That's why you weren't in your cot." He said.

I nodded. "Yeah, that's why.." I mumbled.

"What'd you say?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I said, not wanting to tell him. I decided it'd be better to not tell anyone I had stayed with Newt. He just shrugged, not bothering to ask anymore. "Have you gotten your lunch and water yet?" I asked him.

"Nope, not yet. I was just going to go now. Have you gotten yours?" I shook my head. "Alright, then come with me." He said, and we went to the kitchen.

We entered, and I smelt breakfast cooking. Minho and I grabbed our lunch and a bottle of water, and thanked Frypan. "Rosa, are you okay?" Frypan asked me, and I nodded.

"You go on ahead to the Map Room, I'll be there in a minute. I've just gotta make sure Frypan made enough food for all the other Runners." Minho said, and I nodded. I left them alone, and went back to the Map Room, and grabbed my bag. I put in my lunch, and a bottle of water. I placed on my bag, and started towards the doors. I waited there for Minho. It was finally light, and Gladers were going to get breakfast. I yawned, waiting for the doors to open.

Just as the Doors were beginning to open, Minho arrived. We then took off running into the Maze. I was tired, and I really didn't feel like doing all this running. Yet, I still kept up with Minho. We ran, and ran, and ran. It seemed like forever until he started to slow down. He sat down, took off his backpack, and pulled out his lunch. I just stood there, not eating. My stomach felt weird, and I didn't want to throw up while we were running.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked me, and I shook my head. "Why not? At least sit down."

"I'm not hungry, and I want to stretch my legs." I said. He gave me a puzzled look. I didn't want to sit down, because I was actually worried that I wouldn't be able to get up if I sat down.

"Whatever." He said, eating. When he finished, we both took off running again.

We had been going for about five minutes when I started to get really tired. My breathing was really heavy, and I had to stop. Minho skidded to a halt. "Rosa! What the shuck are you doing?!" He asked angrily. I tried to speak, but I couldn't. My vision started to blur. "Rosa?" He said, walking towards me. I felt myself start to stumble forwards, not being able to control myself. I fell, smashing my head into a wall of the Maze. Minho picked me up, and started talking to me. I still had my eyes open, but everything was a blur. I heard him speaking, but it was hard to make out what he was saying.