Chapter Twelve

A couple weeks later, and the Buzzer was going off again. Which meant two things. One, Chuck wasn't going to be a Greenie anymore, and two, I've been in the Glade two months.

Two months of hating Gally. Two months of dealing with Minho's sassiness. Two months of running. Two months of falling for Newt.

Newt and I had decided that maybe we wanted to be more than friends. It was awkward at first, having a boyfriend. Especially with all the other Gladers around, and all of them being guys. But we got used to it. Everybody knows now, and nobody really cares. Of course, Gally always makes fun of us, but that's nothing unusual.

"I suppose I should head back to the Glade.." I muttered to myself. I packed up my lunch, and started running back where I came from.

I was finally running on my own now, and Minho had taken over the spot of another Glader who was taking break. Honestly, it was about time I was able to run on my own. Minho had stayed with me much longer than he was supposed to, and I have a feeling the Keepers made him because I'm a girl, and apparently I need more training. I suppose it doesn't matter, I like Minho anyways.

I finally reached the Glade, and saw people crowding around the Box. Although I desperately wanted to go join everybody else, I knew I had to report to the Map Room first. I sighed, and headed over that way.

Once I finished mapping out my run, I went over to the Box. I squeezed my way to the front of the crowd, standing next to Minho. He smiled, and I did the same.

Eventually, the Buzzer stopped and the doors opened up. I saw a boy squinting, and covering his eyes with his arm. People immediately burst out, making comments.

"Look at that shank."

"How old is he?"

"Looks like klunk in a T-shirt."

"You're the klunk, shuckface."

"Dude, it smells like feet down there!"

"Hope you enjoyed the one-way trip, Greenie."

"Ain't no ticket back bro."

I rolled my eyes at all the comments, and went over to the rope. I threw it down into the Box, and the kid reluctantly put his foot through the loop. I helped Newt, Alby, and Minho pull up the rope. When he got to the edge of the Box, we grabbed him and pulled him up. He stumbled, and landed on Minho. Both of their faces turned red, more so Minho's. They scrambled to their feet, and Minho quickly came over and stood by me.

Looking closer, I gasped. I recognized him! He was the boy who was clinging to Minho in my memory! They had some sort of bond, but I had no clue what it was. "I recognize him!" I whispered to Minho, and he nodded.

"Me too, but I have no idea how. He seems really familiar, we must've been close." He said. I was about to say something else, but I stopped when I heard Gally's voice.

"Look at the Greanbean, gonna break his shuck neck checkin' out the new digs." He spat, and several boys laughed. The Greenie had a confused, and somewhat hurt, expression on his face.

"Shut your hole Gally." I growled, rolling my eyes. The new kid was observing everybody, taking it all in. When he came to Minho's, who's arms were folded across his chest, his gaze lingered just a tad longer. No one seemed to notice except for me, and Minho. "I think he recognizes you too!" I whispered to Minho.

"Where am I?" The boy asked. Alby answered before anybody else could.

"Nowhere good. Just slim yourself nice and calm." He said, and I mentally facepalmed. He's going to scare the klunk out of the Greenie!