Skye gasped then slapped my arm shyly making me laugh.

I could hear my mom muffled voice saying something like, 'They look so cute.'

I turned back to my girl and demanded, "Give me the goodie!" Actually, I chanted, shamelessly, "Give me the goodie!" Then I warned her, "I won't stop!" And chanted on, "Give me the goodie!"

When Skye finally laughed I pulled her gently until she was sitting on my lap and her arm rounded my neck. Jolts of happiness rushed through my body when she leaned in. I had no idea how she could calm my nerves and set them on fire at the same time.

A couple of 'Ah's and 'Awe's whispered around us and Skye smiled against my lips before breaking our kiss and my heart skipped a beat. I never felt this relaxed before any of the previous surgeries.

"Um... Ethan?" She called my name in question.

"Hmm..." I was still light-headed to use any syllables.

"What are you wearing?" She asked.

I grinned innocently running a hand over the fabric, "My favorite shirt. For good luck!"

"Oh really?" I could hear the laugh in her voice. Then her finger rubbed a specific spot on my shirt, "It has a pink stain on it."

Capturing her hand, I nodded, slowly entwining our fingers, feeling how perfectly hers fit between mine, "Yup, I know. It's right above my heart."

She sighed.

I clasped our joined hand to my lipstick-stained shirt and smiled at her, "That's why it's my favorite shirt."

My nerves hummed vivaciously when her lips brushed against mine again.

"You always do things that makes me love you more."

She whispered in my ear and my hands trembled. Good thing I was already seated 'cause my knees were definitely to fail me and brain was a bit giddy.

"Excuse me young man." The nurse came back.

Skye and I flinched and then we both chuckled. Apparently, both of us forgot where we're at and there were other people there. Including my parents.

"It's time." The nurse announced.

Skye apologized and jumped off. She gave my hand a tight squeeze and I closed my fingers around hers.

I took a deep breath then nodded in a newly rebuild tenacity, "Let's do this!"

Words of encouragement followed me as I was wheeled away. I hoped Dr. Pendny's results would turn out to be as optimistic as he sounded.

The surgery took several hours, more than it was supposed to. Dr. Pendny's prepared me for that possibility. By the time it was done I felt drained of every ounce of strength in me. I was beyond exhaustion. All I wanted was to fall asleep and for a very long time.

Dr. Pendny recommended that I stay at the hospital for the day at least then I could finish my five days of recovery at home before the bandaged and the eye-shields that were taped over my eyes came off.

Right now, I couldn't care less where I was at. All I cared for was sleeping. Bed was optional.

My throat felt dry when I came around. I think I woke up a few times, but fell back asleep, I was too out of it to remember. For a brief moment I was at loss of where I was or how many hours I've slept.

In the haze of it all, during one of the times I was awake someone guided my hand to where the nurse-call button was before I dozed off again. Not sure if it was real or not- I reached in that direction anyway.