Chapter 5

A long awaited update. Enjoy. Xo

When Olympia returned to the Valkyrie Pack, word had already spread through the territory like a flu and everyone seemed to be infected. Rumors of Luna's overthrowing their Alpha's and female Alpha's breaking off from their packs had been on everyone's tongues.

I'm not sure where the news came from but all the Alpha's seemed to be talking about it as well. Many were afraid of losing their packs to rebellion that would lead to wars and death. Theo was getting calls day and night asking what his plan of action was going to be, but he didn't have one. What was he to do? The females had a claim to their own packs and without any incitement of violence, there was no crime to punish.

Olympia walked into the pack house oblivious to the shift in atmosphere. She smiled largely and held her arms open to embrace us, but we kept our distance. Her face and arms dropped immediately.

"What's wrong?" She asked blankly, sliding her coat off.

"Do you know anything about the revolts of Lunas and female Alphas?" Theo asked. His arms were crossed, and I saw his jaw pulsate. He had a difficult time maintaining his Enforcer façade around his family, particularly his sisters, and it caused him great discomfort to have to use his authority on them.

"What are you talking about?" She said, chuckling slightly.

"Olympia," Pilar spoke soothingly. "There have been rumors. Some of them involved you. We just want to make sure we know all the details, so no one gets hurt."

"I just don't know what you all are talking about," She laughed again. She did this when she got nervous, although she would never tell you that.

"Olympia." Theo said again. "This isn't a joke."

"Yeah I know." She shook her head and walked towards the kitchen. "Where's my mate?"

"Probably drinking himself to sleep again," I said, following her.

She rolled her eyes and took a water from the fridge. "I swear, I go away for a couple of weeks and it's like his whole world turned upside down."

"It kind of did. You both have never spent a night away from each other and all of the sudden you're just gone. Didn't you feel him trying to mind link you?"

"Of course I did," She breathed. "But I was training. It's a very prestigious program and it took me a lot of hard work to make it. I wasn't going to throw that away by getting distracted."

"You couldn't even tell him you were okay?"

"Easy for you to say," She fought against her instincts to roll her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stepping back from her.

"It's easy to say that because you don't do anything but sit around here and wait for Theo to stop working. Don't you get tired of it? Don't you want to do something with your life?" She slammed her water on the counter and walked away, shouldering her way past our family in the other room.

"Well that was uncalled for," Pilar noted, stepping into the kitchen with Verona.

"Uncalled for but always true," I sighed, feeling the weight of her words. "She's good for that."

"Why is she always so standoffish," Verona grumbled, resting her head on the wall, frowning. "We're her family, for pete's sake."

"She's probably tired," Pilar soothed. "She just got back, and we did all bombard her with questions and interrogations." I took Pilar's words with a bit of sugar and decided I wouldn't hold it against Olympia.