Prologue

In each wolf pack, there is a story passed down through the generations, a story of origin, where the pack came from. When the young children in the pack first begin their schooling, the Alpha family of the pack gathers together and tells the story to the children. They do this in order to inspire the children to work through their schooling and join the ranks of teachers, healers, innovators, and warriors.

All origin stories begin the same. Wolf shifters walked the Earth for thousands of years, as long as humans have, but their ability to shift was kept hidden. Shifters scattered the world, trying to hide their existence from humans in fear it would create chaos.

Slowly, wolf shifters began gathering in small groups that eventually joined together under the rule of one wolf, called an Alpha. The Alpha wolf emerged as the strongest wolf in the pack, both mentally and physically, and they inspired their people to provide for, grow, and protect the pack.

One pack banded together in the heart of North America among the forests and cliffs. The pack was strong, noble, and prided themselves on their ability to protect their land. Their Alpha, Astrid, was a woman of great strength and pride who would do anything in her capability to protect and nurture her pack.

Most of the other Alpha's who had taken control were male and the ones who had not found their mates wanted to mate Astrid for her power, pack lands, and skilled warriors. Astrid, however, refused all mating invitations. She believed in the sanctity of true mates and vowed only her mate could ever be strong enough to rule beside her.

Her mate never came.

Over time, the male Alpha's grew impatient. They stormed her pack grounds and demanded she either take a mate or abdicate from her position, allowing a male of their choosing to lead her pack.

Astrid met these Alphas at the boundary line of her pack with eleven of her strongest female warriors. They fought off the twenty-six male Alpha's at her boundary and declared that if any Alpha tried to take her place, they would be met with the strong hand and sharp teeth of her and her eleven warriors.

Astrid grew old, and without an heir to her Alpha position, a male was elected as leader. When she passed on, her eleven warriors followed her soon after.

The pack was named The Valkyrie pack in honor of Astrid and her eleven warriors. Astrid was the last female Alpha of her pack, and the only female Alpha to ever rule without a man at her side. Female Alpha's sprung up over time, and some even created their own small packs, but they were not recognized by the Enforcer Council.

The Valkyrie's fought for their right to power, freedom, and equality.

Most wolves don't believe in an afterlife, but I do, and I think if there really is some sort of heaven, the Valkyries are looking down on us, enraged.

********

Who is excited for the next installment of The Boundaries Series?? I know I am!

Enjoy the prologue/teaser of the fourth book. The first chapters should be out soon. This book continues where Enforcing Boundaries left off. 

Xoxo, 

Everly