valentine's day :3

"Hey." You said to Steve. He said back "hey." You hugged him. "I missed you, little man."

"I'm bigger than you."

"No you're not." You said and flexed the muscle in your upper arm. You kissed it. "I raised this bad boy for 45 years."

He laughed loudly, crossing his arms on his chest, almost falling backwards. "I'm not that funny." You said, smirking.

After he calmed down, he said, "hey- I just wanted to say that we're good. I had the tiniest, smallest crush on you, but it's over now. I'm actually getting married." He said.

"What." You said, your jaw struggling to stay up. "You- you're getting married. As I recall, you were a single man just a week ago?" You said, half asking. "I met this girl and I just knew she's the one. She proposed and I said yes. We're getting marries next week." He said. "You don't think that's a little.. Fast? You just met her."

He became defensive. "You don't get to say anything about love after what you've done with Loki."

You decided to leave the conversation. Let Steve do whatever he wants. Like he said, you don't have a say in this. "Ok, ok. Fine." You left.

A few weeks later. Throughout the month and a half you sat down with the rest and you planned Natasha's birthday. You discovered the hobbies, interests and likings of most of the people here, stuff that you wouldn't find out in your normal, everyday not talking to people routine.

You didn't know her favorite color but picked red since the day was shortly after valentines day. You started planning early but it needed to be perfect, as Tony said. Amd like Steve said, he got married. Though he didn't invite any of you to his wedding. His said that his future to be wife want a small party, just the family. You were very suspicious about the entire thing but couldn't do anything about it.

Everything was prepared and ready. She didn't even notice a thing. You'll put up the decorations on the night before her birthday for her to wake up to that.

She called you to her room. "You know valentines day is tomorrow, right?" She asked. The question was unexpected and kind of surprising to you, since you didn't notice it was coming up. "Oh, yeah." You said after remembering the reason her birthday theme color is red.

"I can't expect Loki to do anything, it's possible that he doesn't know what it is."

"I was thinking you'd say that, but what if you did something for him?" She replied. What could you possibly give him? Flowers? A Thor plushie?

You asked that, what could you get him. "It doesn't have to be an object, you could do something nice. Spend the day together, show him around the city. Plenty of stuff."

You'll think about it, you said. You exited her room and went back to yours. You sat at your desk and pulled out a notebook. You wrote a list of things you could give or do to him.

"A date at McDonald's but without burgers, he doesn't like them."

"A book about stuff he likes, ask Thor."

"..."

You ran out of ideas. You were never the creative one. What if I do these two, you asked yourself. I can do all two in one day, you answered.

x
x

"Thor?" You knocked on Thor's room's door. After hearing no reply you knocked again, asking "are you there? Can I come in?" 

"Miss y/n, you may come in." He said. His voice cracked mid-sentence, you wondered why. You opened the door to reveal him sitting on his bed, his legs folded up so his chin rested on them. His eyes were slightly red. "What happened?" You asked. You looked at the TV screen in front of him. "This.. Movie, titanic, so sad." He said, wiping his tears and blowing his nose with a vtissue. You suspected that it was not the only reason, but you let it go. He probably doesn't want to talk about it.