Aw Steve

You were in a white room. The ceiling was nowhere to be seen and the floor was red. Blood red. You saw a figure in front of you. As you tried to reach it, it disappeared, leaving behind a note.

You picked it up. You could tell that something was written there but you couldn't read it.

"You left me", you heard a voice. It was your boyfriend. Your dead boyfriend's voice. "I couldn't do anything", you answered him. Your vision became blurry from tears.

"Y/n", you heard him say. "Y/n!" He yelled. You opened your eyes.

A dream.

You woke up to Steve standing next to you, shaking your shoulders. A worried expression on his face. "What?" You asked.

You realized that your face was wet from tears. "Just a bad dream" you said. He didn't respond, just hugged you. You hugged him back. You rested your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

You felt safe with him.

When you separated you looked at his face. Dark circles around his eyes. "You stayed here the whole night?". He looked at the floor. Ashamed? "I was worried about you" he said sincerely. You didn't have to read his mind to tell that he said the truth.

"Thanks"

x
x

Steve didn't want to leave you alone. He cared too much. He made you breakfast and made sure you ate everything. He was following you around, and helped you avoid Loki.

You did not want to talk to him after your breakdown yesterday and you didn't want him to feel sorry. Even though he did.

"You don't have to do this" you told him. You liked having him around but he should know that you can take care of yourself. "I know" he responded. He smiled at you and you smiled back. He was like a big brother to you.

"Y/n!" You heard Loki's voice in front of you. You took a glance at his eyes but looked at the floor straight after.

"Y/n doesn't want to talk to you" Steve said in an aggressive tone. He knew that it wasn't Loki's fault but he still didn't like him much.

Loki looked at you for approval. You didn't say anything, just walked away. Steve was following you like a lost puppy.

You looked over your shoulder, to see Loki standing there. He looked so sad it made your heart sting. You regretted your life decisions at this point. From falling in love for the first time to stopping yourself from falling the second time.

You realized that you've been staring at Loki for the past minute and quickly turn your head and start walking forward.

"You think I should to talk to him?" You asked Steve. "Do you want to?" He asked back. It was obvious that he didn't like him and didn't like having you around him. Trouble seems to follow him everywhere he went.

"Do I?" You asked. You honestly didn't know. You felt good with him and you liked him as a friend. But you wanted more and you knew he wanted more too. But you can't. Your heart needs to get over your last boyfriend. Talking about him did good to you.

You stopped at the door to your room but didn't open it. "I do".

"I don't"

"Yes I do"

"No.."

"I need help"

x
x

"How y/n always looks confident even though they're not, always looks happy even when they're not.", Loki said. He explained to Thor why he likes you.

"I asked you what you're going to do now, not what your crush looks like, brother" Thor said. Loki got off topic while talking about you. Again. Loki just played with his hair, an innocent look on his face.

"Steve gets in the way." Loki said. "What do you mean?".

"He's over protective. He didn't even let y/n talk".

No one liked Loki, except from Thor and.. You, and he knew that. But he didn't care. Well, he didn't show it.

"I'm fine with you," he always said to Thor. But he wasn't. He needed love. Someone to care about him, not like a brother. A friend. He felt like you two developed a great bond but then he ruined it. He couldn't control himself.

He should have.

x
x

"His hair looks soft," you said to steve, "I wonder what shampoo he's using." He just looked at you. Not judging, just thinking you're weird. Which was true.

"Ask him" he suggested.

"Eh Loki, sorry for making Tony break your nose and crying in front of you and not talking to you for a whole day, by the way what shampoo are you using because your hair looks so soft I want to touch it let me touch it", you said back. "Just sneak into his room and check".

"Yeah because he will be so nice to me after he finds out I broke into his room".

You two were laying on the bed next to each other. Your bed wasn't really big but not small either so there was enough room for your bodies but no room for moving. Your hands were touching and you heard him breath.

You noticed how Steve breaths really loudly.

"You're dating, you can go inside his room without his permission." He said. Shit, he didn't know. You didn't have the time to tell him. "About that.." You started, thinking about what words to use.

"So we're not really dating..?" You said, half asking. "You owe me fifty bucks" he said. Not the reaction you expected. "You knew?" You asked. "You forget that I'm your best friend and I know everything about you".
You smiled. He is your best friend.

Slowly before even realizing it you fell asleep, your head touching Steve's shoulder. He didn't even notice until you started snoring.

He got up carefully, not wanting to wake you up, and left. It was early in the evening but he let you have your beauty sleep.

You quickly started to dream. The usual. Your boyfriend was laying on the floor in front of you, in a puddle of blood.

But it was different.

He didn't say anything this time. Didn't make you feel bad. You didn't move. He started to say something, "move on" he said. You were confused. "Three years is enough" he said. It was definitely his voice. "Move on".

You woke up, cold sweat covering your body. You felt gross. You looked around, Steve wasn't there. You put your hand on the spot next to you, where he was, it was cold. Probably left right after you fell asleep.

You looked at the clock. 8.00 p.m. you got up and went to the kitchen. Even when you're not hungry you're hungry. You looked at the counter, at the box of pop tarts.

You looked inside. Only one left. Thor would forgive you, right? Right. You ate the whole thing in seconds. Guess you were really hungry.

"He's not going to forgive you", said someone. Your brain was still in sleeping mode so you couldn't recognize the voice. You turned around to see Loki.

"Yes he is", you said.

"He's going to hate you forever" he said, Making you giggle. "At least I have his brother on my side".

"What makes you think I'm on your side?" He asked. It was dark in the room the the light switch was far from your reach, so you couldn't see him. His expression. Was he serious? Nah. "Are you not?" You asked. You threw the box away, hide the evidence.

"You like me too much to side with Thor", you said after that. Too forward? He does like you and he knows that you know.

He cleared his throat. Too forward. He didn't respond, just looked at you. "Sorry" you apologized. You always have to make the situation awkward and uncomfortable, on purpose or not.

He cleared his throat again. "You want to say something?" You asked. Just say it, Loki. "Was Rogers telling the truth?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"He said that you don't want to talk to me".

"I just don't know how"