Omg auntie shut up

Someone knocked on the front door of the house. "She's here!" Your mother yelled at the ceiling, you were sleeping above it. You got up slowly, rubbing your tired eyes and yawning.

You go outside the room in your pyjamas with Loki beside you. "Good-" you said while a yawn stopped you. "Morning." He completed you.

You both went down the stairs to watch a group hug including your mother, father, sister and her family and you ran to join them. Once you all broke the hug, you introduced Loki. "S/n, this is Loki, my boyfriend." You said. Her eyes glowed as her lips curved up into a big smile, "finally, I was tired of seeing you alone and miserable." She said.

"I'm going to steal y/n for a bit, for catching up." She also said before grabbing your hand and leading you upstairs to her room. It was also the same as it was when she moved out. The wallpaper was light blue and the floor was decorated with a dark blue carpet. On her bed were purple sheets which gathered dust since last year. 

"How'd you meet?" She asked you. You explained the whole story, excluding Steve. You felt like you can tell her everything, but this one you need to figure out yourself before putting it in words. "He sounds like a jerk, I'm glad you met him." She said, jokingly. "I know." You said, looking at your feet and smiling.

x
x

"They're here!" Your mother yelled. You took a deep breath and squeezed Loki's hand. You spotted your aunt whispering to her husband and looking at you. You tried your best to smile at them. Your mother hugged each one of them and your father Shook their hands. "Let's sit." You said. You just wanted this evening to be over. Loki sat beside you, as did all of the couples.

The four children ran straight to the living room, to play with eachother. They were raised well, not to make loud noises that could disturbe the adults around them.

Your mother spent the entire day preparing food for dinner. You and your sister offered to help but she declined immediately.

Your sister's husband, Robert, opened up the champagne bottle and poured a little into every one's glass, everyone except from you. "I think I'm capable of drinking one glass of champagne without turning into an alcoholic." You said, quite furiously. He doesn't trust you. No one does anymore, you believe. He poured some into your glass.

You raise your glass and everybody else did as well. "To a lovely evening." You said.

x
x

You almost didn't talk for that whole dinner. Your mother bragged about your sister's, Elizabeth's, accomplishments. "And she has two kids already, two kids! And her job-" you heard. You got tired of it so you just didn't listen. On the other side of the table sat your grandparents. "I heard that y/n was addicted to drugs." They whispered to each other. You couldn't care less about what they think so you didn't correct them.

Actually, you did care. You just didn't show it.

"And did you see the boyfriend? He looks like  a hobo, no wonder he has such low standards." You heard. "Excuse me? What did you just say?" You said, half yelling. You got tired of it. You got up from your chair as it fell backwards and got out of the house. Loki came after you but no one else did. It's fine, though. "Y/n." He called your name. A single tear rolled down your cheek. "I'm such a failure." You whispered. "No, you are most definitely not."

He hugged you, tight. You hugged back. In the middle of the road. Rain started pouring and you laughed. "This evening is a disaster." You said. He chuckled back.

You grabbed his hand and ran to find shelter from the rain. A bench with a roof on top of it, maybe? Eventually you found a McDonalds that was open.

And, well, you knew the cashier.

"Chris? Is that you?" You asked. "Hooooly shi-- y/n? Where have you been?" He asked back. You leaned into a hug with him. You heard him sniff your hair. And, he kept the hug going for way too long.

"How are you?" He asked. You didn't tell him much, just that you're back in town for Christmas and the new year. Loki stood behind you, silently observing. He smiled widely and so did you.

Chris was your best friend back when you were in high school. He knows about your speciel talent and you two have been using it to cheat on tests. He was smarter than you so he just thought of the answers and you wrote them down. Your teachers couldn't believe that your grades were so good, with how you behaved in class.

"Man, I thought we were going to last forever. For the first few years after graduation our friendship was time but them you completely disappeared. I asked your mother but she wouldnt tell me anything, I-"

"Oh, I'm good. I just found this really great guy, he was amazing. Then he died. Oh yeah, I joined the avengers too. You wouldn't believe it but I'm dating one of them. He's right behind me!"

That's what you would've said. Unfortunately, only the first three words came out of your mouth. "I'd say more but I don't think now is the time to have that kind of conversation. But, tomorrow morning I'm free, if you want to have breakfast with me, or something."

He nodded. His short blond hair was flopping up and down as he did that and his deep blue eyes kept looking at you.