We wish you a Merry Christmas

Since what had happened three nights ago involving Steve and your bed, you two didn't talk. At all. He didn't even look at you at breakfast, or anytime during the day. You really missed your best friend.

Loki didn't talk to you either, but he stares at you every morning while you're sitting at your usual spot, on the couch, and he's at the table. You usually drink a cup of tea and read a book.

This morning you made up your mind to sit next to Loki, to talk to him. Because even if it didn't end well, you loved talking to him. You boiled some water and prepared your mug, no suger. You went all out and cut yourself a slice of cake. The fridge always has cake in it, that's very good. Your breakfast was ready and instead of walking to the couch, you sat next to him.

"What an honor to be sitting next to you," he said. You were about to answer when you heard a moan coming from the couch area. You looked over to see Tony laying on the couch. His hair was a mess and he wore the same clothes as yesterday. You walked over there. "Tony, did you sleep here?" You asked. He sighed as an answer. You wanted to carry him to his room, where he could shower, because holy shit he stinks, but your physical form isn't enough for this task, and neither is Loki's.

You slapped him. He yelled at you but got up. "What time is it?" He asked in a tired voice. He looked out the window and saw the bright morning sun shine in his eyes. "Morning already." he said. You walked with him to his room, making sure he doesn't get lost. You opened the door. It was a pretty messy room which you didn't completely expect from him. You walked him to the shower and turned to leave when you heard him say, "I thought you hated me."

"No, I was just upset by what you said," you said back. "Because Loki is a good man and yes he has done bad things but didn't everyone? I'm sure you're not a saint, Tony. Just give him a chance" you said. Loki deserves it, right?

You turned again to leave. You exited his room when you found Loki just waiting outside. "You heard?" You asked. You weren't sure if you wanted him to hear it. You don't know how he'd react to you protecting him. "Yes. Thank you." And he walked away. You caught up with his pace. "Come on, you didn't finish your tea." He turned around, said, "oh, right" and walked back to the table at the living room.

You sat at the spot you were before. "How's life, mortal?" He asked. Polite yet rude, that's how you like him. "Life doesn't matter."
You continued talking. He talked so passionately about the book he's currently reading and you loved listening. It was all great until Natasha walked in. "Oh, the lovebirds." She said. She looked confused by the two of you sitting together. "Thought you broke up," she also said.

"Why would you think that?"

"Steve told me what happened yesterday, y/n. What the hell?" She asked. Shit, she knows, and Loki still doesn't. You laid your head on the table, your head covering it. "Let me tell him" you whispered. She heard and nodded, even though you couldn't see her.

"Tell me what?" He asked. You raised your head from the table and brushed piece of it behind your ear. "This thing happened with Steve, um, I kissed him. And he kissed me back, but that was all." you said. You two weren't together for real and it didn't feel real but you knew he likes you.

"Oh."

"That's it?" You asked. All night you couldn't sleep, you were thinking about what happened. Why it happened. You didn't get an answer, it was just the heat of the moment kinda thing. That's what you told yourself. "And all the other times he slept in your bed, nothing happened?" "Nothing."

"Just this one time?" "Exactly."

He got up. You looked at him as he turned his back to you, grabbed his mug, and went to the living room, which was on the same floor, and sat there. You returned to your previous position, your hands covering your head as it's laying on the table.