Happy Places (part 2)

I sat in my car, debating whether or not to go in there and see if she was okay. Just then I saw red flashing lights and the load sirens could be heard over the pounding rain. I felt my heart stop as the ambulance pulled up in front of Avery's house. Oh God please no! Don't let this be happening. However my prayers went unheard. The paramedics wheeled a gurney into the house. I flung myself out of the car and ran towards the house. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the Paterson's standing on the front porch watching the paramedics. I stayed far enough away to where they couldn't see me. I felt a part of me die when I saw then wheel a figure out of the house. I saw her orange hair and knew it was her. Her hand fell limp and refused to move. 

no...  

They hauled her into the ambulance and sped away. I ran to my car and got in and started the ignition. I followed the ambulance to the hospital. I swerved into a parking spot and threw myself out of the car. I saw them bring her out of the ambulance and then they took her into the massive concrete building. I ran into the hospital and went up to the receptonist's desks. 

"Hi... could you help me?" I asked the young receptionist. She looked up at me with a way smile. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a neat bun and her lips were painted in a bright red. She looked to be at least twenty.

"Sure. What could I do for you?" She asked me.

"I'm looking for someone, they just brought her in. Her name is Avery, Crawford." I told her. She nodded at me and then turned to her computer and typed in her name. After about several minuets she then turned back around to face me.

"I'm sorry. She's not ready for visitors yet. Why don't you take a seat and I'll call you." She told me. I nodded and dragged my feet towards the waiting area and sat down. I cupped my head in my head and exhaled. I'm going to tell her. I have to. Not everything, but I'll tell her what I am. I have to... If she comes out alright. I scolded my self mentally after that morbid thought. Of course she's not dead. I would be slowly dieing if she was, but still I can't shake the possibility if she is. Breath Jericho. Breath. She's going to walk out of here 100% okay. I wanted to beat the Paterson's until they couldn't breath. They did this! It was them! They hurt my mate and now there's a chance they took her from me for good! No. They didn't kill her. I'm still alive so that means she is too. 

'Jericho? Where the hell are you?' You disappeared at the park. Allen said through the mind link. 

'I'm fine I'm at the hospital.' I told him.

'The Hospital! Are you alright?' He asked franticly. I sighed. 

'Yes... I'm fine. It's not me it's Avery.' I told him. Even in my mind my voice was shaky. 

'Is she alright? What happened?' He asked me. 

I-I don't know if she's okay. I dropped her of at her house and then an ambulance came. I'm so fucking scared right now I'm shaking!' I told him. I heard him sigh and then he said. 

'Just relax. Just think of her and everything will be fine.' Then I felt him leave my mind. I was snapped back to reality when I herd the receptionist call,

"Sir! She's ready." She told me. I got up and followed her to a small hospital room.

What I saw broke my heart. I saw her small figure underneath the thin sheets wearing a hospital robe. An IV of blood was attached to the her wrist. A white bandage was wrapped around her head and bruises the size of apples covered her arms. The heart monitor had a steady bead that filled the room. 

I heard someone clear there throat. I turned around to see the Doctor. He was a middle aged thin and tall man. He looked to be Indian, and by he looks of his name tag ,which read Sanjay, I take it he was. His dark eyes were hidden behind his glasses.