Dreamer

Jericho 

            I was jerked awake by the sound of a pitter-patter going past my room followed by the sound of an elephant running down the hall. Ah... Ashlin and Allen are up. I rolled out of bed and dragged myself to the stair well to see what the fuss was about. 

            I peered from my place on the stairs to see Ashlin with tears running down her face as Allen tried to calm her down. He was falling however.

            "Come on Kitten it was just a dream. Nothing more. I'm still here and so are you." He cooed in her ear. Ashline pushed away from him. 

            "Your not the one having them! Do you know what its like to see yourself die a painful death evrynight? Do you even remember what happenes if I die? You die to! Only twice as worse and I'm sick of watching it! I'm not upset about me dieing, it's you! I just can't handel the thought of seeing you die like that. It gets worse every night. I can't-" She then crumbled to the floor sobbing harder then before. Allen instantly picked her up bridal style and held her tightly against his chest. 

            "I know. I know. I would have your nightmares for you if I could." He said gently. I couldn't help but smile at this. He knew Ash better then anyone. He knew that her only fear was death, and he knew how to comfert her, her knew how to care for her. He walked slowly up the stairs with a withered Ashlin in his arms. I walked ahead of them and pushed their door open for them. Allen nodded at me. After he had tucked Ash in he walked out of the room to talk to me.

            "Is she okay?" I asked. He brushed his fingers threw his hair,

            "Yeah, she'll be fine. But even if she was normal dreams like that every night can take a tole on you. I've had enough of it as well, we need to figure out how to end them." He said.

            "Erika says she plays with Ashlin evry day in the library, presonaly I think she's already looking into it." I told him.

            "Does this have anything to do with her helping you and Avery?" He asked me. I exhailed and nodded.

            "Yeah, It's the reason she even helped. She thinks her old babysitter is haunting Avery, and she figured that if she gets close to Avery she gets close to the ghost. She said something about all spirits are conected?" I told him. He sunk down to the floor and cupped his face in his hands. 

            "Shit." He said under his breath.

            "What's wrong?" I asked him.

            "she's going to contact her mom, or worse her dad." He said. My eyes widened.

            "I thought her old man was back in seatle." I told him.

            "Yeah he is, but six feet under. He died of alcohol piosening about two weeks ago. Now he really is a deadbeat dad." he said.

            "Why would Ash try to contact her dad? I thought her mom was the witch and he's the bane." I stated.

            "He's both... apparently Ash's mom brought him back from the dead and when she did she lost some of her power to him. After that he was a half witchalf bane like Ash... only a hell lot more powerful." He ecplained. 

            "So what your saying is...." I urged him. 

            "Techinally Ashlin is a full witch but a half bane at the same time. Her father was about twice as powerful then her mom... so I wondering if she-" I cut him off before he could finish.