-44-

-

At first, they didn't notice, they were still arguing with each other. Ripping each other's throats, starting to curse a bit. I took another bite before Hades turned around and stared at me.

"Persephone?"

I looked up to him, taking another bite. He saw what I was doing, he knew what I was planning. He shook his head and screamed, "Persephone! No!"

He ran towards me, grabbing the fruit out of my hands, and trying to get the fruit out of my mouth. I had sallow it before he had the chance to. I stood up quickly, grabbing fruit off the ground and holding it up.

My mother saw what I was doing, gasped, covering her mouth. "Oh, Steffi."

"Persephone, get it out right now!"

"No!" I yelled at Hades. "No!"

"What are you doing?" he asked, grabbing my wrist, getting the fruit away from me. I just shook my head, trying my hardest to not break into a smile.

I looked into his eyes, and everything had made sense. "I want to stay here, with you."

"Persephone, do you know what you've done?" Hades asked. "You cannot leave here."

"I know, it's wonderful." My mother couldn't take me away from him now. I was able to make my own choice, and it was Hades. I loved him, more than anything in the world. I wanted to be his wife.

My mother had tears in her eyes. "Steffi, you can never come back up with the human world, you can't see me."

My heart sunk, starting to realize what I had done. I had hurt her. Even though she had made me angry, she was controlling, overbearing at times, what I had done to her, it was the greatest pain imageable. "Wait, but can't I just pop my head up once in a while-"

Hades cut me off, placing his hands on both my shoulders. "Persephone, this is why I didn't want you to eat anything from the Underworld unless it was imported. I never wanted you to be a prisoner here. I wanted you to still be able to live in the real world, or wherever you desired."

"I . . . I don't understand . . . I .. . . ."

"Little flower, why did you do this?"

"I don't know. I just, it was just calling out for me. I just wanted it so badly."

"Persephone, my dear, I am so sorry that this happened. I promise you, we will find a way, there has to be a way to not make you trapped here."

I grabbed his face, cupping it in my hands. He was usually cold for me, but he wasn't now. "You're warm."

He held my hand, and started to shake his head slowly, and sadly. "No, it's not that. We're the small temperate, do you understand? You are technically not alive. Your soul is now trapped down here."

"No!" my mother screamed, kneeling down, and trying to hug me. The coldness of my skin made her jump, and her eyes filled up with more tears. "Oh, Steffi! My little Steffi. . . . HADES! Fixed this right now!"

"Demeter, I'm not sure if there is anything I can do."

"Hades, now!" my mother screamed.

"Mom, I am so sorry," I cried, embracing her arms around me. I hadn't hugged her like that since I was a young child. I wasn't sure what had happened between her and I, how it seemed we were growing apart, and before I knew it, it was a chore to talk to my mother.

I had missed her so much, I had missed our closeness. I knew she didn't want me to marry Hades, and I knew why. She was scared for me. She was my mother, she was always going to be scared for me.

"Baby don't be sorry. You weren't thinking. It's okay love. HADES! NOW!"

What my mother didn't know, as I was also scared for myself. However, that fear still wasn't enough to keep me away from a man that loved me so much. His kindness, his love, his gentleness, his mind. Every inch of his soul, I knew I could dance inside it for the rest of time.

"Stop yelling at me woman," Hades put a finger to his forehead.

Hades stood up, taking out his phone. He held it to his ears and said, "Hey, Zeus. .yeah, it's Hades. Listen, I need your help." 

Author's Notes: 

What do you guys think Zeus will be like? Let me know! 

I just really wanted to thank everyone that has stuck with these characters. I have some news. I have been brushing up on my Mythology, and  I am thinking about writing another Greek couple (or any mythology couple)! 

Some modern spin on it, just like this one. Tell me what you think! Thanks!

-Luna Hart

PS: This is my first draft of this story. If you do see a typo, you can more it clear for me. I will also go back and edit on this, because I just love this story so much!

PSS: Also changed the book cover! What do you guys think???