-17-

~Persephone~

Getting out of the underworld was an actually quite interesting experience. He was very graceful, and obviously knew his way around his own Palace.

We entered a room and after room and after room and down the hallway and down the left and then another left and then another hallway...... I'm just saying if anybody ever trespassed into this Palace, they would definitely die of hunger and thirst before they were ever caught.

He showed me how he went to the underworld and back to my world. He used portals, and that was how he was able to jump around so much. It actually made sense. In a blink of an eye, we were back in my main world.

it was around 4 in the morning. Nothing was open in town. I suppose that's what you get for a small little town. The only thing that was open was a 24 hour Denny's. and that was our only option.

I have never been in a restaurant so quiet and dead before my life. It was uncanny. I just ordered breakfast food because I thought that was the most appropriate thing to eat. Waffles and bacon and eggs.

you didn't eat anything. Nothing but just coffee. Did he have to eat? He was a God after all. Did he eat just for pleasure? I had so many questions for him. So many weird and random questions that I'd was too afraid to ask. I didn't want him to think I was annoying, or immature. How many people can say that they met a god?

"So do you just drink black coffee?" I asked him.

"Yes," Hades answered.

"No creamer sugar or anything?"

"No, no," he shook his head.

I just raised an eyebrow and Shrugged. "Don't you think that's a bit..... Weird?"

"Coffee?"

"Black coffee. No cream or sugar or anything?"

"Well, how do you drink your coffee?"

"Oh I don't drink coffee," I said taking the bite of my waffle and taking a sip of my milk. He ended up laughing. I was glad that I made him smile more than anything. "I guess I don't have any right to judge you on your taste of coffee." 

"Well, I technically don't have to drink or eat anything, but I just like it. I am a God after all, and I could basically do whatever I want."

So why don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well.... If you wanted to do whatever you wanted to do, why Haven't you destroyed us? Are set out a plague. or just killed everybody, and you can do whatever you want."

"Well," he said clearing his throat. "I do what I want. I don't wish to do any of that. Do you wish to do that young one?"

I just shrugged and took another bite of my Waffle. " I don't think I could do any of that."

"Despite what Legends have said about me, I really am a fair man, and I do not lie. I tried to be as humble as I can be, because of my line of work you kind of has to be. I judge people on a daily basis. What level of the underworld that they deserve based on the life that they lived. And honestly, you have to be forgiving and open. I judge people on the weight of their heart. If they were not nice in this world why should I be nice to them in my world? But also . . . good people can make bad mistakes too. So you have to have a clear and open mind for my work."

"So that's what you do all day?"

"Basically," he said take another sip of his coffee.

"That sounds like a very busy life. It sounds like a bit of a miracle that you have time to come see me."