55 | He Loves Me

Começar do início

My mother helplessly glares, shutting up. She look between my grandma, and my father, before turning back to Kenji. "Kenji. You know, as your mother—"

"Anata wa kare no hahaoyade wa arimasen! Anata wa kare o unda kamo shiremasenga, watashi wa anata ga ima made ijō ni hahaoya no sugata o shite imasu! [You are not his mother! You may have given birth to him, but I'm more of a mother figure than you'll ever be!]" My grandma fumed, sending daggers into my mother's direction.

"Anata ga watashi ni setsumei sa setara! [if you let me explain!]" My mother shot my grandma a look, disrespectfully, and my grandma returns the glare with a strong, more intense one.

"Anata wa oso sugiru yo. Watashi wa setsumei shimasu.[You're going too slow. I'll explain.]" Our grandma turns to Kenji, "Kenji, anata no okāsan wa, anata o kono kazoku kara tsuredashitai to omotte imasu. [Kenji, your mother wants to take you away from this family.]"

"What?" His voice cracks, as he sends a look over to me. I nod, confirming our grandma's words. He turns back to our mother, a finger directed to himself, "you want to take me away from my family?"

"Kenji, honey, just think of it. You'll have time with your mother like you always wanted and I'll have time with you. You've been with this family for so long, you must've gotten bored of—"

"No, I didn't," my brother spats, standing up from his seat. "I love this family. This is my home. I barely even know you."

"That can change, honey. We could move and live—"

"Who the hell is moving?" My father butts into the conversation, standing up from his seat as his eyes locked on his wife. She sends him a look, to which he refuses to back down, "I've never agreed to anything of you moving. You never said anything about moving."

My mother stands up as well, "Kyosuke, you knew it would lead to this. Can we talk about that later, I'm trying to talk to Kenji—"

"Dad, you were going to let her take me?" Kenji cracks, looks up to our father. My brother's eyes begin to grow glossy as I knew he was trying not to cry, "you were going to let her?"

"What? No, your mother wanted to discuss with your about living with her—and wanted to see how you would react before we make decisions," our father clarifies, trying to send reasoning to my brother. He doesn't say anything, and gulps.

"And I don't want to live with her," Kenji declares.

"Well, that's not your choice to make," our mother shots a look over to my father, who doesn't say anything but allow his glaze to drop to the ground. She turns back to Kenji, "Kenji, honey, I'm your mother, you have to remember that, I want the best for you—"

"I don't want to live with you! I barely know you!" He moves over to the edge of the table, away from our mother, "I don't want to! I don't want to! You can't make me!"

"Kenji," our mother glares, "don't disrespect me like that—"

"You can't use that card when you've barely been in my life," my brother snaps, his emotions out and vivid. "Why are you back here? Why do you want to take me away from my family?"

"I'm your family too—"

"No," my brother shakes his head, "no, you're not. You aren't my family."

"I'm your mother—"

"Sobo is more of a mother to me than you'll ever be!" He points over to our grandma, who stood up from her chair as well, watching the whole event unfolds, "she took care of me when I was a baby. She washes me, bathe me, changed my diapers and fed me; all you did was carry me for nine months and left!"