Wyrd is Fate in Viking

Start from the beginning

          "It's Avery Crawford isn't it." Tyler stated more then asked. I nodded my head at him.

          "She's human though. How could she be your mate?" Allen looked pale as if he was about to faint. 

          "What are you going to do?" They both asked me. I crumbled down to the ground finally absorbing what this meant. I combed my fingers threw my hair, and looked up at them.

          "I'm going to have to reject her." I said. When I said this if  twinge in my chest and felt sick. Tyler stared at me in shock. 

          "You can't reject her. Your alpha, you need an alpha female." 

          "That's the thing. I need an alpha female, not a gentile little girl. She's humane she needs to stay with the humans." I fumed at them. 

          "Jericho that isn't the issue. The issue is your an alpha considering rejecting your mate." He said to me. Allen smiled at me and sat down on the ground next to me. 

          "I almost rejected Ashlin." He said. I stared at him with disbelief. Ashlin was half bane half witch. The only reason she is able to touch Allen is because he isn't full wolf. He is a quarter human. 

          "You thought of leaving her? What changed your mind?" I asked him. 

          "Remember as we were learning about Norse myths? When we learned about 'wyrd' I though maybe I was supposed to be her mate. I figured that I was her mate for a reason, and that I found her for a reason. Then before you knew it her mom died and she had nowhere to go. She needed me." He expanded briefly. 

          "So what are you saying?"I asked him.

          "I'm saying that you found her now for a reason, and to give this little match-up  an opportunity before you reject her." He said with a sympathetic look. What sucked was I knew he was right. What sucked even more was the fact that eventually I would have to tell her.  

           "Then why did I just now find her?" I asked them. 

           "Apparently you find your mate right before you need them the most." Allen stated.

           "What could she need me for?" I scoffed. 

           "Hmm I don't now. You now because she live's with the Patersons, gets picked on, and is almost eighteen. Gee I have no idea." Tyler said sarcastically. He had a point. She was almost eighteen which meant that eventually she would be out of the system and on her own. There was a long silence between us. 

           "Fuck..." I said. Allen scoffed and hit me in the back. 

           "You'll get over it dude. Just don't stress." He said as they walked away. I followed them back to class. We waved at Tyler as we entered our honers English class. Luckily the teacher wasn't in the room. When I walked in I saw Avery with her eyes glued to her book. I watched as her eyes widened as she read and a smile crept onto her face. She was in her own little world. Her eyes slowly rose from the page and met mine. She seamed like she was so unreal and so close. That's when I realized that I was standing in front of her. My face flushed and I sat down in the seat next to her. 

           "You okay?" She asked. 

           "Yeah just fine." I lied. I put my head in my hands at tried to focus on the lecture. That was nearly impossible, my eyes just wondered back to the intriguing girl next to me. I inhaled her scent and instead became addicted. She smelt like fresh rain water and lilacs with a hint of hay. She continued to read her book threw the hole class. Why doesn't the teacher say anything? Most likely because she has perfect grades. The bell rang and we got up and headed to our next class... art. I honestly could not stand art class. Mr. Birch was a horrible old man.