FFL: Chapter Fifteen

Start from the beginning

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! "

I started thinking that my heart just left me. Fortunately it hadn't. They actually scared me. Once I regained my composure, my heart started beating normally again, then I laughed with them. I immediately knew that the rest of the day was going to be interesting.

"Y'all are some fools. How are you my babies ? " I bent down and hugged them tightly. Actually, it's been one month and a half since the last time I'd seen them. I was working hard and couldn't really spend quality time with them. I was a bit everywhere in the world and plus they had school. If I was not mistaken, they were officially in vacation and for two months, so we were definitely going to catch up.

"For a moment, we thought you forgot about us uncle Aug." Chay said pulling away with a little smile on the corner of her lips.

"What ! Never ! You three are my heart. Gimme kiss."They giggled and attacked my face making me chuckled, "Where is your mum at ? " I then asked looking around me.

"She's taking a nap." Kay answered giving me a last kiss on my cheek.

I nodded my head and stood up, "So...what do yall want us to do ? It's been awhile I didn't spoil ya."

They screamed joyfully and went in their bedrooms to take their shoes. I shook my head playfully and I wrote a note for Chandra, then we left. We walked to my house to take the car and we got in, "Everybody safe back there ? " I asked looking at them in the backseat. When I was sure that they had their seatbelt on, I started the engine and soon we were on our way to the mall. 

"So, what's going on with my favourite nieces ? How were your last days at school ? Did yall miss me ? " I questioned turning the radio on. 

"Of course, we missed you ! Well, school was school. But I'm scared to start middle school though." Chay answered the first.

"Don't worry. It's gonna be alright." I assured her.

"It was cool ! I'm gonna miss my friends, but I'm happy that we're finally in summertime." Then Noonie responded smiling.

I nodded my head waiting for Kay to tell me how it was for her, "And you KayKay ? "

She smirking eye-siding her oldest sister. She was up to something, "Well...Chay has a boyfriend." She said moving her head left to right. Chay and Noonie's eyes opened wide seeming surprised to hear this getting out of their little sister's mouth.

I could feel my anger boiling up, "What the ?! Chaylen, you better explain this to me ! What is she talking about ? " I didn't mean to raise my voice, but I couldn't keep calm hearing that sh*t. She was too young for that. I was not ready. Hell, I will never be ! To me, the three were still and will always be babies, even at thirty years old, they will always be my little nieces. If I could, I would've done something for them to stay little children forever, but they had to grow up. It's life. I had to let them grow, but they were still new born to my eyes.

"I swear uncle Aug, Kay is lying ! I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know what she's talking about." She answered folding her arms. I looked into her eyes through the rear mirror to see if she was being honest. I did that for a couple of minutes before to nod my head. I believed her.

"No, I'm not lying ! I saw you the other day when mummy came to pick us up. This boy kissed your cheek and gave you a card." She insisted getting a bit angry.

"Can you mind your own business for once ! " Chay yelled at her shocking me at the same time, "I swear little sisters nowadays." She then mumbled rolling her eyes. Let me come back to reality again. I stopped the car as the light turned red and turned around. I finally and really realized that time had passed by faster than what I thought. Now, Chay was going to turn eleven and soon she was going to be a teenage girl, going to high school and all that. Noonie was not a little girl anymore also. She was about to turn ten this year and soon her too will be a sixteen years old girl and out of the house ready to live her independant life. And Kay, my little KayKay, my little baby, my shadow....She just turned eight and without noticing it she will be an adult in less than one minute. I sighed staring at them.

"Okay, you know what. We're gonna drop that subject, for now, but Chay if I do see a little boy near ya, it's not about to be pretty. And it goes for everybody." I warned them cooling the atmosphere, "Now, we're gonna have some fun. And what I told you about being a family ? " I added eyeing them.

Chay sighed, "Sorry Kay to have snapped at you." 

I smiled, "Cool. Now hug each other. And Kay, a snitch do NOT survive real long in this life." As I turned back around, the light was turning green. I put my hands on the wheel ready to go. Suddenly, a black car pulled next to us. And in less than three seconds, a man opened his window, pointed a gun at me and shoot. Fortunately, I had the reflex to avoid it, "GIRLS, LOWER YOUR HEAD NOW ! " I screamed doing the same. Unfortunately, I hadn't taken my 9 mm. You never know with these motherf*ckers out there ! 

He shoot one more time and as an idiot I moved and a bullet got in my left arm. That sh*t hurt so bad. Blood immediately started running out my body. Then the man drove away. I had to find out who he was and why he did that for. But for the moment, I was more worried about my nieces. 

"Are yall okay ? " I asked concerned.

They nodded their head quickly, "Yeah, but your arm." Noonie said looking at it strangely. My brother had never wanted them to live where we were living when we were younger. He wanted a better life for his daughters and I wanted it too. So, today was the first time they had heard gun shoots and they had seen someone getting hurt because of that. Unfortunately, it had to be their uncle. I wished it had never happened, but I couldn't see in the future to avoid this. They seemed to have taken this not too bad though. I could see a bit of fear in their eyes, but they didn't seem or sound like panicking.

"Call the ambulance for me, please." I handed my phone to Chay and she did as I said. During this time, I was trying to find something to stop the blood. I couldn't lose too much.

Love is risky...

________________________

Let me know what you think about it =) 

Thanks for having read !

Sorry for the mistakes