Chapter 25

Finally, after hours of searching we find Prompto, locked into a stand in a cross position at the end of a corridors or cells. Noctis quickly runs to his side when he sees this and releases Prompto from his confines.

Prompto falls to the ground as if he were sleeping, but he lands on his hands and knees, "Are you alright?" Noct asks as he kneels down to look at his friend.

"I'm fine. Thank you, Noct." His voice sounds tired and sad. He sits up straight and I can see he's covered in bruises and his face was cut up.

"Tell me," he says, "where you worried about me?"

Noct looks taken aback, "Of course I was!" He stutters, "What kind of question is that?"

Prompto smiles sadly, "Of course," he pulls himself up to his feet and looks down at Noct, "That's why you came like I believed you would."

Noct stands up, "Prompto..."

"That's why I told myself I couldn't die. Not until I could see you and hear you tell me I'm not a fake- that I'm the real me..." The last part of his sentence comes out in a sob. I wonder what he means by that. I want to ask, but something tells me it's not the right time.

"I'm sorry," Noct apologizes.

Prompto smiles more, "Don't be. Everything's alright now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Noct, do you hear that?" Ignis asks.

"Hear what?"

"I've heard this sound before- on the train just before your weapons failed you." Ignis walks ahead of us to lead us to the source. Must be his super hearing again. He leads us to a wide space with a round room in the middle, closed off. I recognize it as the room Ravus was in when he was talking to his leader.

"It's here,"

"This thing?" Noct asks.

I inspect this keypad with a scanner to see if I can open the door.

"I don't think we can get in," I said.

"There's a way," we all look at Prompto who's standing nervously off to the side.

I step aside as Prompto slow walks up to the keypad. He looks down at his right hand and then hesitantly lifts it up. I assume he knows the code or something, but instead he holds the back of his wrist up to the scanner. There's a small beep and the door opens.

"So, MT's..." He starts, "They've got those code prints... Just like I do," I'm slightly taken back, but I don't show it. I wonder if the others feel the same.

"Do they? Never looked," Noct speaks casually. Prompto has a pained expression, "Yea... So, as it turns out... I'm one of them," it's strange. Something like this should have shocked us all, but somehow, it's as if we all knew already.

"You guys are like... the only friends I've ever known," he scratches the back of his head nervously, "I just hope that things can stay the way they were,"

"Whatever, who cares where you were born?" Noct answers naturally. Prompto looks at him confused.

"I don't see you turn against us. Not now or ever." Ignis answers.

"Besides," I add, "Since when does where you're from matter to you?"

Noct chuckles, "Yea, you never once treated me like a prince."

Gladio chuckles, "He's got you there," The sound of his laugh makes me smile. I can't remember the ;ast time I heard that...

"Never so much as a 'highness'" Ignis adds.

An Angel Blooms (Gladio X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें