Chapter 20

*jumps out of the shadow realm*

I'M BACK BABY!

So, I know it's been way too long since I've worked on this fanfic. I won't really get into why. I guess you can say I needed a break. But I'm back! Actually, I've been back for a while, editing the stuff that I've already released. So, if you want, go and reread some of my stuff! In fact, I've redone some of the romantic and smexy scenes for Ignis and Gladio. ;)

Anyway, let's get on with it! Also, it feels great to be back.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The hell if wrong with you?" Gladio demands. I look up from my seat on the train to see him standing over Noct. Noct had been very distant ever since he woke up a few days after the rite. Luna had died defending him, and I could tell it was taking a toll on his mental state. He sat at the opposite side of the train from all of us, alone.

He looks at Gladio, "What?"

"We're not stopping in Tenebrae," he said rudely. Noct hadn't even requested that. Where was this even coming from anyway?

"You need to grow up and get over it," My blood begins to boil. Gladio had been a complete jerk for a while now. I couldn't understand why. Not only that, but he has been acting as if he never liked me. It killed me that he promised he'd treat me better, and now that has completely out the window.

I stand up from my seat to defend Noct, "Would you calm down? He just lost another loved one. The least you can do is give him a damn break," I try to keep my voice calm. I don't want to anger him more. I just want him to stop. Gladio shoots me a cold glare.

"Besides, I am over it," Noct said, standing up, "I'm here, aren't I?" His voice is much louder now. The other passengers begin to stare at us.

Gladio grabs him by the collar, "Maybe when you're not too busy moping, you can look around and give a shit about someone worse off than you," he gestures to Ignis as he says this.

"Let go of me," Noct response calmly.

"How's that ring fit ya? You rather carry it around than wear it?" I snap.

I reach for Gladio's hands to pull them away from each other, "I told you to st-!" Without even looking, Gladio shoves me away with enough force to make me fall. Prompto quickly grabs me as best he can and helps me up.

I stand there in shock that Gladio would do such a thing. He looks away from Noct and his face falls as he realizes that it was me that he pushed. I clench my jaw in anger and begin to storm off to the next train car.

"Y/N!" he calls out to me. But I ignore him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got off the train in silence. Prompto helps Ignis over to a bench near an elevator that will take us down to the tomb, while the rest of us separate to be alone. I lean over the edge of the wooden structure we're standing on, overlooking the horizon. The land looks a lot like Hammerhead in a way. I think about what has become of our little group. I had thought I was finally accepted, but now I don't know what to think. What did we do to piss Gladio off so much? Or... was it my fault?

Eventually, Noct lets all of us know it's time. We talk to Ignis for a while and agree to let him join us. We were hesitant about it at first, but maybe it would turn out alright. That sadly wasn't the case. He managed just fine, but on occasion he would accidentally throw a dagger at one of us or would wonder off in the middle of a fight. We had a hard time guiding him while we fought.