Chapter 15

After Holly finished fixing up the Mythril for us, we headed out to the car, ready to leave Lucis behind. As we walked I felt something pull on the back of my shirt. I turned toward the source to see Ignis holding his phone up for me to see. He had a chat pulled up and there was just one text from Iris:

Iris: She's in! You know what to do.

"She informed me of the plan a few days ago," he explained. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. Of course she did, "May I?" He held up one arm towards me almost like he was about to put his arm around my shoulders.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "You actually want to go through with this?"

He lowered his arm slowly, "I can't say I'm comfortable with the situation, but I can tell this is all having a negative effect on you. I'd rather make Gladio confess, so that you can get your thoughts back on track than let him continue to tease you."

I sighed. I still wasn't sure about this. I looked back at Gladio, and he was still walking to the Regalia. I thought about everything he has done since I've met him. He's so convinced that I like him. If I were to pretend I like Ignis instead, then this would change the game. I'd have the upper hand. I could beat him.

I look back at Ignis, "Do it."

He smiled. I'm pretty sure it was a fake one since I've never seen him smile like this. He really was a good actor. Hell, he was amazing at it. He draped his arm over me and pulled me closer to him and the mixture of his cologne and ebony invaded my senses. I felt flustered and uncomfortable, but this would be worth Gladio's reaction... right?

We walked towards the others as he leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Might want to lose the scowl on your face when he sees us,"

I looked up at him rather annoyed. I guess he can be a real ass too. Just then Gladio turned around to see where we were. He immediately looked taken aback when he saw us. I froze for a moment. Ignis was still leaned in close and saw that I was scared. He quickly moved his hand down around my torso.

"Laugh," he whispered with a smile on his face. He then pushed on my rib cage lightly. I giggled at the ticklish feeling. My laughter caused me to push myself closer to him. Damn. I had no idea he was capable of this.

By this point we had caught up to Gladio. He looked at us quizzically, "Uh, hey." he said hesitantly. I noticed he was avoiding Ignis' gaze. We stopped in front of him.

"Something wrong, Gladio?" I asked. I tried to hide the joy in my voice from seeing him so confused.

"Nothing" he paused, "Did I miss something while I was gone?"

I shrugged, and Iggy and I looked at each other with fake loving eyes, "You could say that," we looked back at Gladio, who was glaring at Ignis. His jaw was tight, and he looked like he was ready to tear him apart. I looked back up at Ignis worriedly. I was losing my cool and was afraid Ignis was too. But he looked fine. He just smirked at Gladio before pulling me to keep walking. Gladio fell behind and I resisted the urge to look back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to Cape Caem we decided it would be best to stay the night before heading out. Noct and Prompto stayed back to stock up on supplies at the stand nearby while I left with Ignis and Gladio. After being greeted by Iris at the cabin, Gladio turned to Ignis who had sat in the back with me, held the door of the Regalia open for me, and was now holding my hand, "Hey, Iggy. We need to talk,"

Ignis looked unfazed, "Alright." he looked down at me, "Be right back, love." And just for good measure he leaned down to gently kiss my cheek. I felt uncomfortable with the gesture, but luckily blushed in embarrassment. Gladio looked heated by this as he walked inside and upstairs into the boys' bedroom with Ignis.