Chapter 10

My vision grew dark and I could no longer feel Gladio against me. Once I was in complete darkness I felt like I was being shaken lightly.

"Y/N" I slowly opened my eyes and looked towards the soft voice. He stopped shaking me when he noticed my eyes beginning to flutter. When my eyes were fully open he smiled down at me.

"Sorry. Was I interrupting a good dream?" My face turned pink and my eye widened slightly. I quickly shook the thought out of my mind and hoped he didn't find my reaction strange.

I sat up in my bed and began rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

What in the world is wrong with me?!

I looked up from him and he just smiled and ruffled my hair, "Wake up, sweetheart. We got a lot of ground to cover," I pushed his hand away and grumbled in annoyance.

"Yea, yea..."

As I stood up from the bed he moved back slightly. I walked over to my stuff that I had thrown onto a chair when we got the room.

"Come over to our room when your done" he said before leaving. I picked up my clothes and headed towards the bathroom. I stopped in front of the door for a moment.

"Damn you, Gladio..." I whispered to myself before entering the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I got out of the shower and got dressed I just stood there, glancing around the room before sitting at the foot of my messy bed. I buried my face into my hands.

I couldn't stop over thinking everything, and I felt too confused to do anything. I knew I needed to protect the prince and help him complete his journey, but with these distracting emotions getting in the way doing that has become much harder.

I let out a sigh and stand up. If I didn't head over to the boys' room. The last thing I need is any of them questioning my odd behavior.

When I reached their room and entered everyone was acting like their usual selves, except Gladio. He looked at me rather smug. He usually looked at me that way, but something about it was... off this time.

"Hey, Y/N!" Prompto greeted, "We were just about head to the outlook."

"I thought we were checking out the Disc," I asked.

"We're just gonna see if we can spot anything from there," Gladio answered. He looked like he was hiding something. Something that he could use against me. Finally, I shrugged and leaned my head toward the doors direction.

"Okay. Let's go,"

"Uh, Y/N." Prompto started.

"Yes?"

They all looked at my quizzically. All except Gladio. Finally, Noct finished, "You alright? You look a little freaked out."

My heart raced to come up with an answer, "Uh, yea! I'm fine. I just had a nightmare. That's all," They seemed satisfied with that answer.

"You sure it was a nightmare?" Gladio asked. We all looked at him confused.

"What else would it be?" Prompto asked.

Gladio held back a laugh, "Never mind. Let's go," he walked out ahead of us. We all gave each other a confused look.

"What's with him?" I asked.

"Who knows?" Noct answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~