Chapter 8

We had just arrived in Lestallum to meet with Gladio's little sister, Iris. As I was about to enter the Leville, where she was waiting, I felt a gloved hand land on my shoulder. All though it was light and careful, the touch made me jump slightly. I turned to find that the hand belonged to Ignis. The others stopped so we could all hear what he had to say.

"Y/N, may I speak with you for a moment?" He asked politely.

I looked back and forth between the guys and Ignis before answering, "Uh... Sure," The others walked inside without question as Ignis and I headed towards the huge square fountain nearby. Did I do something wrong? I walked towards him and he began talking as I sat at the edge of the calming water pool.

"My apologies if this is a bit forward, but may I ask what's going on between you and Gladio?" I could feel him staring down at me. It wasn't his usual stone cold stare though. It was more caring, like a mother.

"What do you mean?" I answered slightly uneasy.

"I'm just wondering if you two... Ah... how shall I put this?" I shot out of my seat, realizing what he was implying.

"What?! No! Not in a million years!"

He chuckled lightly and sighed, "Really? I suppose that's too bad. For Gladio, of course."

"What does that mean?"

"I mean Gladio seems quite smitten with you," he answered.

I put a hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow, "I think you've lost it, Iggy," I say bluntly, "That womanizer doesn't like me in the slightest."

He laughed again, "I won't argue that Gladio has... limited control over his hormones, however, he treats you differently now,"

For some reason, this makes me feel somewhat hopeful, yet skeptical, "What are you talking about? He treats me like a friend."

"Exactly. In all the years I've known him he has been very... physical with many girls, but has never actually fallen for them,"

I roll my eyes, "You're point?"

He sighed, "My point is that he talks to you the same way he talks to any girl, but he hasn't laid a hand on you since... that day." I knew what day he was referring to. That day that we all wanted to forget about.

I shook my head to get it out of my mind, "What makes you think he likes me because of that?"

He paused to gather his thoughts for a moment, "He respects you. At first he may have been a bit handsy, but now he treats you respectfully. Well, as respectfully as he can."

I laughed. Our idea of respect was way different to the rest of the guys, "Well, even if he does like me, it's not gonna happen," I said bluntly.

"May I ask why?" He asked with skepticism.

I thought for a moment then sighed, "How would I ever be able to trust a guy like that? Besides it's clear that all he cares about is sex. It just wouldn't work," I look down at our feet and cross my arms. I don't know why I sounded and felt so upset. Maybe it just hurt being seen as a sex object.

He sighed, "I understand," we were silent for a moment until he placed a hand on my shoulder, partly as comfort, and partly to snap me out of my thoughts, "Let's not keep the others waiting," After he let go and walked ahead of me I sighed. I need to get a hold of myself before facing all of them.

When I got inside the hotel I found the guys talking to a short, cute girl. I assumed she was Gladio's sister. She was smiling brightly as she talked to Noct and then looked at me in confusion as I walked up to them, "Gladdy, do you guys know her?" I held back a laugh. Oh, I was so using that against him.