Genevieve shook her head and rolled her eyes, "Do you ever shut up, Tanaka."

Drew opened her mouth to shoot back when Jason quickly spoke up. "You're looking for a sign. Aren't you?" He asked the stunning daughter of Aphrodite, "Like the one that popped over Leo's head."

"What? No! Well ... yes. I mean, from what I heard, you're pretty powerful, right? You're going to be important at camp, so I figure your parent will claim you right away. And I'd love to see that. I wanna be with you every step of the way! So is your dad or mom the god? Please tell me it's not your mom. I would hate it if you were an Aphrodite kid."

"Why?"

"Because you'd be her half-brother and Drew wouldn't want that. Right?" Genevieve crossed her arms, an amused smile playing at her plump lips.

"Precisely." Drew shot back.

"But aren't all the gods related?" Jason asked. "So isn't everyone here your cousin or something?"

"Aren't you cute! Sweetie, the godly side of your family doesn't count except for your parent. So anybody from another cabin—they're fair game. So who's your godly parent—mom or dad?"

Drew and Genevieve, both turned to face Jason, he had a sort of distant look in his oceanic gaze and slowly shrugged. Genevieve looked as though she was about to say something but then shut her mouth—as though she thought better of it.

She heard the familiar sound of hooves against the ground and she slowly turned to face the centaur stood on the porch.

"Chiron!" Drew called. "This is Jason. He's totally awesome!"

"Totally." Gen drawled sarcastically earning a frown from Jason.

Chiron started to smile at Jason. Then the color drained from his face. "You ..." The centaur's eyes flared like a cornered animal's. "You should be dead."

Genevieve narrowed her eyes at Chiron as Jason muttered, "Nice to meet you too."

Chiron slowly cleared his throat, his unnerving gaze fixed on Jason. "Genevieve, Drew, you should go back to your cabins. I would like to talk to our newcomer in private."

Drew obliged but Gen opened her mouth to object. "But—"

"Now, Genevieve." The centaur interrupted sternly.

Genevieve glared at Chiron for a few moments before spinning on her heel and walking off. She nodded at Jason who gave her a thankful smile in return.

After wondering around the camp aimlessly, Genevieve stopped in front of the archery target. She pulled her ring off of her finger and examined it. It's name was Crescent.

Not very intimidating, right.

But despite it's mildly threatening name, the ring had proved itself to be very useful and unique. Crescent had been decorated with an arrow and an axe. If Genevieve were to twist her ring to the left, her ring would turn into a bow arrow. However if she were to turn it to the right, her ring would turn into an axe.

Pretty cool, right?

Genevieve looked up at the archery target in front of her and stumbled back in shock as she saw a pair of familiar dark brown—almost black—eyes staring back at her. The owner of the eyes, was leaning against the target, a playful grin plastered across his face.