'What?' I responded.

"The guy's sexy, isn't he?"

'Hold up, what're you getting at? Are you talking about Fresh?'

"Ah, Fresh? That's what he's calling himself now? Yeah, I am talking about him. So, you think he's sexy?"

'Hold on. Who even are you?'

"So you're telling me that he never even mentioned me?" He looked almost offended. But quickly, he interrupted that offended look with a laugh.

"I'm just kidding with ya, Hun, anyways, answer the question, you think he's sexy?"

'I-I-I- Um...'

"Of course you do, what am I saying! Seriously, that guy got himself the prettiest girl in the entire world!"

'His fiancee?'

"Who else but that beautiful woman? But you're just as beautiful as her, Sweetie."

'Sweetie?' I felt my cheeks warming up.
"You haven't met her yet, but keep an eye out. I see you've met the rest of Fresh's friends?"

'What do you mean the rest of his friends?'

"Green Pentagon, Blue Square?"

'Oh yeah."

"Their names are Aster and Tesseract, by the way."

Aster and Tesseract? That's the names of the mysterious people who are appearing in my dreams? Those are pretty interesting names. I'll take note of that, next time I see them I'll talk to them. Fresh's friends? They must be the ones he always talks about!

'And you?'

"Anyways, time's running out, see ya!" He smiled, stuck his tongue out and bowed.

'Wait, who even are you?'

He just smiled.

And then I woke up.

I swear to god, WHO EVEN ARE THESE PEOPLE?

First this weird Green Pentagon, next this mysterious Blue Square, now this peculiar Yellow Circle, what next the unusual White Triangle?

But as I looked around my room, I felt an extra presence. Oh yeah. What happened last night. It was a lot to take in, but as I recalled the events that happened, I all of a sudden realised something I failed to notice the night before.

Did Fresh come into my room, clean my wounds and sleeps with me without a shirt on?

I stared at his bare, glistening, muscular chest. It was rising and falling as he snored gently.

Sometime during the night, one of us must've kicked the bedcovers off, because the covers only covered up to his hips.

But rather than feeling things like embarrassment and wonder, I was actually shocked. 

Scars. Scars littered his torso and covered it. Scars on his chest. Stars on his stomach. Scars almost everywhere. Deep, pale gashes covered his torso. And above all, the one that stood out the most was one circular in his chest. Like someone had shot a laser beam through his chest.

They looked painful, even though they were fully healed.

How did he get them?

And almost as if my body was doing the thinking for my mind, I brushed my fingers against his host skin, trailing across a painful looking one that went from the bottom of his left ribcage to his hip on the opposite side.