11

————————————————————————

After Klaus and I packed things up in the morning we headed over to the academy for dads memorial. We opened the doors and the first to greet us was none other than space boy himself. He gawked at me and I glared at him.
"Well, this seems very uncomfortable..." Klaus says laughing a bit.
"Alex...? How're you here right now? is that really you?" Luther asks sounding concerned and confused.
"Of course I'm fucking here you asshat!" I snap at him. "Why wouldn't I be?"
"Because dad told me you were dead." He says.
"Are you really that fucking stupid Luther?" I just about yell, "I CANT FUCKING DIE YOU DOUCHE-CANOE!" Tears threatening to fall at their own command.
"Alex, I-" he starts.
"No Luther. Just stop. You and dad left me. I suffered for days before I was able to stop the cycle of me dying then resurrecting just to die in a minute. Both of you left me and it was endless suffering!" I shout, "the only one who cared enough to help me was Klaus. He found me afterwards and we took care of each other. So you know what Luther? You can take you're stupid 'I'm sorry's' and shove them up your bloody asshole!" I finish before I take Klaus' hand and we go upstairs. By this pint I can't stop the tears and they've been falling down my face for a while. I pull Klaus in for a hug and he holds me until I can down. I pull out the pills and take one, I offer him some and he takes a few. We then go upstairs and explore dads office, knowing that otherwise we'd never be allowed in here. Klaus goes under the desk to snoop around and I'm looking at the papers on his desk.
"Alex? Klaus? What are you guys doing?" I hear Alison ask cautiously. "Alison!" I shout and go to hug her. She pulls me in and sees the state of me and immediately gets concerned about my health. "I'm fineeeee. Totally fine. It's him you should be worried about." I say jabbing a thumb behind me. Suddenly the rustling sound from under the desk stops and out pops Klaus.
"Alison!" He says in surprise.
"What're you doing Klaus?" She asks lightly smiling.
"Well, I just came to see you, and get your autograph added to my collection!" He says like some sort of fan. Alison eyes the release bracelet on his wrist and touches it. "Just out of rehab?" She asks.
"What? No no no, I'm done with, all that." He says quickly and tried to hide the bracelet under his coat. "What are you guys actually doing here?" She asks again.
"We just came to see if the old mans really dead." I say.
"And he is! He's dead. Yay!" Klaus finishes while jumping up and down while clapping.
Alison smiles at his antics.
"And you know how I know?" He asks.
She shrugs.
"Because if he were here we'd never be able to step foot into this room." He says.
"God, look at that painting." I say motioning to the portrait he kept behind his desk.
"Thank god he's not out real father, so we don't have to inherit his cold dead eyes!" Klaus says holding his eye sockets open and then mimicking dad, "Number three," he begins only be interrupted by Luther opening the door. "Get out of his chair." He said sternly.
I scoff.
"Don't worry, we're just leaving." I say sarcastically. Klaus and I walk out but Luther stops Klaus before he can make it to the door.
"Drop it." He says.
"Exqueese me?" Klaus asks, playing offended.
"Klaus." Luther says in a warning tone.
"It was just an advance on our inheritance." He says while pulling four golden things from behind his fluffy coat.
"No need to get your panties in a bunch Luther." I said sickly.
Klaus and I leave and we separate for a bit. I wander to my old room, only to see nothing's changed. The bookshelf still stands and holds all the books, coated in dust by this point.
I trail my fingers over their bindings and wipe off the dust from my finger tips. I sigh and exit my room, hearing everyone wander downstairs by the living room I go and investigate the bar in the living room, passing by Alison, Luther, and Vanya. On my way to the bar however, I see Diego.
"Diego!" I shout and run towards him to give him a hug. "Woah, watch yourself with the knives. Wouldn't want you to cut yourself Alex." He says and releases me from the hug.
"Like this one?" I ask pointing to my facial scar. His eyes widen and he looks pissed.
"What happened Alex?" He asks and follows me as I make my way back to the bar, pouring myself a glass of bourbon.
"Long story short, mission went wrong. It was Luther and I versus several armed robbers. That's all that's important. I don't wanna drag you into my squabble with space boy over there." I say.
"He didn't do this do he? Because I swear to god-"
"No. Luther didn't do this. He's just mind numbingly stupid and believed the old man when he said something." I say shotgunning my drink before pouring another one.
Diego was about to say something when Luther and the rest of us came Into the living room and took their seats. I pour another drink and walk to the couch, handing one to Klaus. He thanks me and grabs it, taking a large sip.
"So i was thinking that we could hold a service in dads favourite spot-" Luther starts before Alison interrupts. "Dad had a favourite spot?"
"Yeah. In the garden under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. Did none of you ever do that?" He asks seriously.
I fake cough while saying "kiss ass" then take a sip of my drink. Luther looks at me with sympathy and I scoff again.
"Anyways we'll have a nice ceremony."
"Will drinks be provided? Cucumber sandwiches are always a hit." Klaus says.
I stifle a laugh and try to contain myself.
Luther glares at Klaus before continuing.
"No, now that that's settled, there's one more thing. The issue of dads death." He says.
"And here we go." Diego looks so over whatever it is Luther's on about now. 
"What do you mean? Dad died of heart failure." Vanya says.
"No, it can't be. He's missing his monocle." He states.
"Who cares about a stupid monocle?" Diego asks.
"Exactly. Whoever took it, knew it was important. It was personal." Luther explains.
"Where are you going with this?" Klaus asks.
"Isn't it obvious?" Diego starts, "he thinks one of us killed dad."
"How could you think that?" Vanya asks.
"You're crazy man. You're crazy. Crazy." Klaus says while getting a top up of liquor.
"Way to lead Luther." Diego says.
"I need you guys to contact him." He says pointing to Klaus and I.
"I'm not in the right state of mind." Klaus said laughing.
"You're high? Your both high aren't you?" Alison asks.
"Of course I am." Klaus responds, "how can you not? Hearing all this nonsense."
"And you?" Luther asks.
"I refuse to help you and your murder mystery party Luther. And besides, I don't owe you anything. And I'd really rather not get sober right now." I say stubbornly. The rest of the family, save for Klaus, all look between Luther and I really confused.
"Are you still on about that? It was over 4 years ago Alex. Let it go!" He says angry.
"No! I won't let it go Luther. You know why?" I ask. "Because you and dad left me in an extremely painful cycle of dying and resurrecting in a pool of acid while he rescued your dumb ass." I said angrily.
The room dropped silent and everyone was gawking and processing the information they just heard.
"Alex you have to understand, he told me you had died. That there was no way you could heal from that!" Luther yelled trying to defend himself.
"Luther what don't you understand about this. I. CANNOT. FUCKING. DIE." I say slowly and loudly for him to get it. "He decapitated me and I still survived, so why wouldn't I survive the acid pool?" I asked while walking to the bar.
"Luther..." Diego said angrily. He began to walk towards Luther in a fit of rage.
"Diego don't. I can explain." He said.
"You've said enough." Diego says before Klaus restrained him, shaking his head no. Diego stood back to where he was before, only this time glaring at Luther.
"We all had our arguments with dad, but whoever has the monocle killed him." Luther continues. Everyone begins accusing him of being crazy again.
"How do we know it wasn't Alex? She clearly has a grudge against him." Luther tried to verify his theory. Everything goes silent. I walk over with fury in my eyes.
"I can't even fucking believe you Luther." I say storming from the bar to the kitchen holding my new bottle of tequila.
"Wait, I didn't mean-" Luther began but all I heard was Klaus saying, "I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go murder mom." Before leaving to god knows where.

I sigh and raid the kitchen for snacks, the munchies having kicked in. I found some potato chips and ate them, while taking swigs from the bottle of tequila.

Suddenly I hear the sound of 'I think we're alone now' by Tiffany blaring through out the house. Knowing it's Luther, I want nothing more than to drown it out with my tequila, but I can't help but dance whenever this song comes on. Rhythmically I move in sync to the song, smiling slightly. A loud crackling noise is heard and the power in the house shuts off. Suddenly all metal things come flying towards me. I try to dodge everything, but a knife gets caught in my arm. Me being me, keeps it in until I have bandages and gauze, this way the knife keeps the wound blocked so I don't bleed out. I grab my precious tequila and run outside to see some sort of hole in the sky?
"What is it?" I yell over the noise.
"It's either a black hole, or some sort of temporal anomaly." Luther says.
"Great, so what do we do?" I ask.
"Everyone watch out!" I hear Klaus yell as he runs forward with a fire extinguisher. He sprays it at the hole area, but realizing it's not helping, he throws it into the hole.
"What's that suppose to do?" Alison yells.
"I don't know! You got a better idea?" He asks. Suddenly it cracks, causing lightning and immense tremors to happen. Luther and Diego pull everyone behind them protectively. Klaus takes my hand, "I vote for running, come on!" He yells trying to pull me, when he realized I'm not moving, he looks up. Seeing my arm he shoots me a questioning glare. I give him one of those it's not important right now looks and he rolls his eyes.
A man appears in the hole and pushes himself out. He falls to the ground with a thud and the body looks smaller and younger than it did moments ago. "Does anyone else see little five or is it just me?" Klaus asks.
"Shit!" Five swears and walks inside towards the kitchen. We all follow and sit around the counter, watching as he makes a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. "What's the date? The exact date?" He asks.
"The 24th." Vanya responds.
"Of what?" Five asks harshly.
"March."
"Good ."
"Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther stands in front of five and asks, needing to know the answers to everything. "You've been gone for 17 years!"
"Oh, it's been a lot longer than that." Five snaps back and space jumps to behind Luther.
"I didn't miss that." Luther mumbles.
"Where have you been all this time?" Alison asks.
"The future. It's shit by the way." Five replies.
"Called it!" Klaus says raising his hand.
"When I jumped that day, I was stuck in the future for 42 years." He says like it's nothing.
"So wait, you're telling us your what? 58?" Luther asks shocked.
"No. My consciousness is 58. Clearly my calculations were wrong. Delores is probably laughing now." Five says.
"How'd you get back?" Vanya asks.
"I had to project my consciousness into a form of myself that was available through out all timelines." He answers, taking a bite of his sandwich.
"I don't get it." Luther said.
"You would if you were smarter." Five instantly responded. I let a small chuckle slip past my lips and Five's eyes snapped to me immediately.
"Who're you by the way?" He asks.
"I'm Alex. Klaus found me, I'd say like 8 ish years ago now? I'm another one of the 43 mystery kids. According to your dad, now I'm Number eight." I answer.
"Necromancy and immortality, Nice to meet you." I say.
"Time jumper, nice to meet you too." He says glancing at my arm. "What's with the knife?" He asks.
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Your time jump hole thing, was like a magnet. I couldn't dodge all the knives." I say while looking a it, "I'll keep it there to prevent me from bleeding out until I can get the gauze and needle and thread." I say.
He just nods and picks up the paper.
"Hmm, I haven't missed the funeral yet." He said.
"How'd you know about that?" Luther asks demandingly.
"God your so fucking stupid." I mumble under my breath. Five heard and smirked.
"What part of the future do you not understand?" He said walking away.
"That's all your gonna say?" Alison yells after him.
"What else is there to say? It's the circle of life!" Five yells back as he rounds a corner. Everyone parts ways and I stay in the kitchen and grab the first aid kit. Pulling out the knife, I quickly begin to stitch it shut, then place a piece of gauze over it before wrapping some around it. I open my bottle and take a big swig again. I just sit there and think about everything.

And before I knew it, it was time for the service outside.