8

————————————————————————

The chiming of the bell gathered all of us to the table for breakfast. Klaus and I made our way down and took our respective seats. I glance at Luther and he looks at me with guilt. I sigh and eat my meal in silence like everyone else.
The silence however, did not last long. As soon as we were dismissed, Luther came up to me and before he could even open his mouth, Klaus and Diego stood protectively in front of me.
Despite what dad says, they all have a soft spot for me. I wonder why they feel the need to protect me? I wasn't even raised with them.
"You so much as touch her and I'll drop you. Understood?" Diego asks threateningly, his hand hovering over one of his knives.
"I understand. I just wanted to apologize. Things got out of hand and I had no right to say any of the things I've said to you. Will you forgive me?" He asks sincerely.
I think on it for a moment, and nod yes. He breaks out into a smile and I smile back.
Everyone then goes to their training and today, Klaus and I get trained together, seeing as our abilities are similar.
"So let me get this straight," I begin really concerned, " Klaus and I are suppose to stay in a dark, lonely, mausoleum again. Only this time we can't leave until we fully conjure a dead person, me bringing it into a corpse, and Klaus materializing it?" I ask nearly yelling.
"Yes number eight. What don't you understand?"
"I guess nothing then." I mutter and look at Klaus. He looks terrified, he's done this before and it didn't end well for him.
We are pushed into the familiar dark and cold prison of the dead and we immediately fall to the ground from the force. "Please, not again you prickkkkkk!" Klaus yells at dad as he locks the doors behind him.
"Calm down Klaus, we're gonna be okay." I say just as a woman begins screaming.
I quickly cover my ears and see Klaus do the same.
"Can you hear her too? The woman?" I yell over the screams.
"Yeah! Can you?!" He yells back. I nod. I knew we could both hear and see the same ghosts at the same time, but I didn't think it'd be possible with this many ghosts at the same time.
"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" Klaus screams at them in agony.
They get louder and louder until I can't take it anymore. I begin to scream. I feel like I'm loosing my mind, the drugs wore off hours ago and Klaus and I are in the thick of it now.
"The faster we do this the faster we can leave!" I yell while tears make their way down my face. He nods and agrees. I sit cross legged and close my eyes shut, trying to pick one voice and focus on it. I begin to tug the ghost, and eventually after hours of trying, I finally shove it into its corpse. I let out a heavy breath and look over at Klaus, he's managed to just about materialize a ghostly figure. It appears to be the same woman from earlier on. We both look at each other with accomplishment. Klaus stops materializing the woman and I release the ghost. It takes a little longer for me to release the ghost, seeing as I still don't really know what I'm doing.
After five ish minutes of waiting, Mr. Hargreeves unlocks the doors to the crypt and both Klaus and I scurry to our feet and run towards the door. Seeing the sun begin to set my eyes widen, we were in there the whole day?!
We tiredly drag ourselves into the house and sit on the kitchen chairs, deeming it a worthy seat for the next 30 minutes or so until dinner is served. Klaus and I sit in silence with our heads down, trying to nap. Soon enough though, Diego comes in and stares at us questioningly. "What the hell happened to you two?" He asks. We look up and I'm sure the bags under our eyes are enough to tell him we're more than tired. "Dad locked us in the mausoleum again. We've been in there all day." Klaus says tiredly.
"Sober, might I add. We've been in there all day, sober. God my head is pounding." I say while letting my head drop back down onto the table. I hear Diego chuckle before sitting down also.
"it was that bad huh?" Diego asks while sipping on his drink.
"You have no idea." Klaus says. We await dinner and then each head to our respective bedrooms. I drop onto my bed and grab a pill and swallow it before I sleep, keeping the voices at bay.