No damsel in distress- Diego imagine

Requested: nope
Summary: after almost getting mugged, you find that you have gained a shadow

You turned down the street heading to your apartment. Little did you know that there was a masked man waiting for someone like you to attack.

"Give me your purse!" The masked man demanded, pushing you against one of the buildings

Normally you'd be fine taking care of yourself. He only had a knife and you could easily disarm him, but you had a rough day and you were caught off guard. You were shaking a bit as you started to act as if you were going to give him your purse. Before you could try to disarm the man, a knife fly in and hit the man's hand.

The mugger dreamed in pain as a vigilante ran at him and knocked him to the ground. The vigilante took you by surprise. You never expected someone to jump in and save you. That's not how the world works. You just stood there and watched as the mugger managed to slip away from the vigilante and ran off.

"Why didn't you run?" The vigilante asked

"Why did you interfere?" You asked in return

The vigilante scoffed.

"It's kind of my job" he said

"Well then, do your job somewhere else. I don't need rescuing, I could've handled that" you said before finishing your walk home.

A few days later, you were walking home again when you noticed that someone was following you. You turn around hoping to find the person following you so you can tell them off. But when you did, there was no one. You turned back around and started to head home again, but there was the vigilante was in your way.

"What are you doing here?" You asked

"Making sure no damsel gets mugged tonight"

"Trust me, I'm no damsel, let alone a damsel in distress. And who are you, Batman?" You asked

"No, my name is Diego" the vigilante chuckled

"Wow, no superhero name?" You joked

"No, not anymore" Diego admitted

"Can I go home now? You're kinda blocking my way" You asked

Diego blushed and stepped out of your way. You started to walk away from your shadow. Before you got out of ear shot turned, walking backwards a bit.

"Hope to see you again Batman" you said loud enough for Diego to hear you before you turn around and finish your walk home, truly hoping to see Diego again