Chapter 23- Fitz

A/N I'm giving you a break from Matchmaking Lists! But...they are coming back to the next chapter! So, you just have to struggle reading two chapters of Fitz's point of view! Sorry! But, this isn't about matchmaking lists, so it's just going to be a normal chapter. 

Sophie shared her matchmaking list. I wasn't really listening to it, as I didn't like how everyone kept looking at me throughout it. I kept trying to say that I didn't like Sophie, but the words came out as mumbles. I could tell Sophie was upset by the rejection. You didn't have to be a mind-reader to figure it out, (though I am a mind-reader). 

Another thing that was pretty obvious was how much Keefe liked Sophie. I always wondered whether or not Sophie liked Keefe back. I was always so tempted to just sneak into her brain for a quick second to see, but I quickly shoved the idea aside. That would be illegal. 

"So.," Linh said, immediately directing my attention to her. I couldn't help it. her voice was just like a magnet. The more I was close t it, the more it just drew me in. "Who's going to open their's next?" 

"Shouldn't it be Keefe?" Dex asked Sophie. "He was the second highest score." 

"I guess we could do that," she said. "But I think that we should vote again, because the people who voted me," she glared at everyone who voted her, "Will want to pick somebody else." 

"That makes sense I guess," Tam said shrugging. "I couldn't care either way really." 

Biana patted his arm. "Be nice!" she said. 

"I think that there's another reason that Sophie doesn't want Keefe to open his," Biana said mischievously, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Ugh! Biana!" I said, face-palming. "You are acting too much like Keefe for my liking!" 

"Being Keefe is the best thing you can be!" Keefe said, smirking. "Nice job Biana!" He raised a hand for a high-five and Biana took it giggling. Tam looked upset and watched the scene from a distance. I quickly slid next to him. 

"I know how you feel dude," I said to Tam quietly, getting his attention. 

Tam rolled his eyes at me. I sometimes wondered that if rolling his eyes that many times a day was healthy. Sometimes I feared they would pop out of their sockets cause Tam was rolling them too much. 

"Nobody knows how I feel," he said, crossing his arms, gazing at Biana and Keefe who was now giggling together with Sophie and Dex.  I followed his gaze. They were starting some sort of game. I watched as Biana and Keefe scored a point and Linh flashed up a number one made out of water on their side. They both grinned and hugged each other. 

"Sorry," I said, touching his elbow. Tam quickly slid away. "Oops," I said. "Sorry, I forgot. Now physical contact. Please don't kill me." 

I heard Tam sigh. "It's no problem," he said, coming out of the shadows and watching the rest of them play. The score seemed to be Keefe and Biana 4, Sophie and Dex 3. 

Sophie and Dex scored another point and Biana went over to Keefe and whispered in his ear. They both giggled madly. 

"Does Biana still like Keefe?" I heard Tam ask me. I wanted to reassure him, to tell him that she had no interest in Keefe at all. I wanted to tell him that Biana cared about him with all she had. But, I couldn't. I sighed. 

"To be honest Tam? I'm not sure. She used to like Keefe a lot. Then, she met you and... and I don't know how she feels anymore." 

Tam sighed. "Yeah, I expected that. I just, I just sometimes wish I was more like...I don't know, Keefe. Nobody would question Keefe and Biana. Nobody would mock Keefe and Biana. Nobody would say bad things about Keefe and Biana. But, people will mock Tam and Biana. They will say bad things about Tam and Biana. They will question Tam and Biana. Why can't I be like... I don't know? Something with a higher class? Then they would be fine with it. I HATE elven society sometimes. UGH!!!!!!!!" 

"No, I understand," I said. "Biana sometimes feels that way too. She said...she said that she didn't want to be a Vacker if she couldn't be with who she likes."

"See!?" Tam said. "Even Biana feels that way! This will never work out!" Tam groaned and put his face between his knees. 

"I like somebody way out of my class too," I said to Tam. "I want it to work out, but I feel like it won't ever work." 

"Who do you like?" Tam asked. "Sophie?" 

"No!" I said. "Why does everybody keep thinking that!? I DO NOT like Sophie!" 

"Then who do you like?!" Tam asked. "You can't judge me by who I am guessing if you don't tell me the truth!"  

"I just can' tell you," I said. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine," he said, shaking his head. "Maybe Biana would be better off with Keefe. Maybe...I should leave her. For her own good. She and Keefe would work out. She wouldn't be mocked. Yeah, that's what I should do. To protect her." Tam stood up and started to walk away. 

I scrambled up as fast as I could. "No!" I said. "Tam don't do that!" 

He was already gone.