Chapter 15- Keefe

After I finished that matchmaking form, I picked up my Imparter and called Sophie. Then, I quickly reconsidered. I hung up before she answered my call. I decided to call Fitz first, then maybe Sophie. 

"Fitz Vacker!" I said into the Imparter. The Imparter buzzed for a moment and then Fitz's face popped up on the screen. He looked really upset. 

"Not a good time Keefe!" he growled through the screen. I pretended to fan away some air and responded. "Dude! I can feel your emotions through the Imparter! Why are you so tense bro?" 

Fitz frowned at me. "See if you can guess," he said. Then, he stopped talking for a while. I heard nothing. I was about to start talking before my ears picked up a little noise in the background. It sounded like, whimpering. realization dawned on me. 

"Is Biana okay?" I asked. Fitz looked at me, startled. "Dude," he said. "You are scarily good at guessing things. How'd you get so good?" 

"Is it about Bangs Boy and her?" I asked. Fitz looked at me again. "Dude, are you sure you're not a telepath or something? Have you figured out how to read my ming through screens? That's impossible, I know but.." 

I interrupted. "Pretty sure Foster will figure a way to read minds through screens soon Vacker. She's skilled that way." Fitz smirked at me. "Skilled huh? Ya sure that you don't like her?"

I rolled my eyes, trying to not show that I was just embarrassed. "Yeah right, Fitzy. How about we talk about your good ol' crush on Mrs. Linh Song huh? Of course, you don't like her last name. You want it to be Linh Vacker." 

Fitz looked at me, embarrassed and shocked. He turned red and pulled the Imparter screen closer to him so I could only see his face. "How did you know that?!" he whispers- shouted through the Imparter. "It was a secret!"  

"Yeah right, a secret. Then why were you being so obvious about it? Listen, dude," I said. "Let's make a deal. You tell nobody that I like Sophie, and I won't tell Bangs Boy that you like Linh." 

"That is so unfair!" Fitz said. "The worst thing that could happen to you if I spilled would be severe humiliation! If you tell Tam that I like Linh, I'll be dead the next day!" 

I shrugged. "Nothing you can do about that Fitzy. So, deal or no?" 

"Deal," Fitz said. We were just about to hang up when I heard a voice say, "You like Linh, Fitz? Since when?" I looked down at my Imparter and Fitz did the same. It was a familiar boy... with periwinkle eyes and strawberry blond hair.