Part 3

When I was left alone, I looked around in the flat, I mean as far as I could from the sofa.

It must've been rebuilt from some kind of an old warehouse, if we took the non-transparent, huge glass windows and the strange ceiling.

Even more weird to me was the grass growing in the middle of the room, the drying bushes coming out of the walls and the real tree stretching towards the ceiling in the corner.

The largest part of the furniture was crowded into the inner half of the room, making the other part deserted.

Here was I lying on the snow-white sofa. Next to it two similarly bright white armchairs were standing. Farther was a long writing desk, at least I guessed that having seen all those papers and the reading lamp.

Beside the desk a giant white armchair was placed, with a black earphone hung upon its back. But I couldn't see the player itself.

Near to the back wall I found a completely transparent funny wardrobe. Next to it a dozen of different hats were hanging down the rack, each with a different style.

So much looking gave me a serious ache in my eyes at the end. I closed them to stop the pain.

I woke up hours later in full darkness. I felt the blanket between my fingers and the bandage on my other hand. That's how I could remember where I was. Not a pleasant feeling at all to return to reality... I convinced myself, that the best is to wait until morning.

I lay still, counting my breaths. I managed to fall asleep again that way.

„Little girl, wake up..." somebody shook my shoulder.

He did come back.

I managed to sit up on the sofa without any trouble, and I rubbed eyes. It was daylight, the sunshine tried hard to break through the windows.

I felt recovered, not even my palm ached. I looked at him, and he made a dim smile.

„You look good."

„And so do I feel better." I nodded. „But you look terrible."

He kneed next to me on the grass floor, and I saw the large grey circles around his eyes. As he left me the sofa to sleep on, I had no idea where he spent the night.

He tipped his head over tiredly. I reached out my bandaged hand unconsciously to smooth away a naughty lock of hair out of his eyes.

I managed to pull back my hand in time from the very last inch, as if bitten by a snake.

What the hell I was doing?

I cleared my throat and tried to speak, as if nothing had happened before.

„I have to know, what the situation is. I have rested enough. So split it out, where am I?" I urged him.

„Right." he nodded, pulled an armchair closer to me, sat down and started. „You have been kidnapped, but this part is clear even to you, I guess. Behind it there's an organisation, that kidnaps people regularly. Those like me work on it to save as many as we can. If our timing is right, we can help more people at the same time. The we get everybody home later. You'll get back soon, too.

„Thank you." It was all I said. Short story, indeed. We'd better leave it all in peace. „As soon as I can, I'm out of here. Just show me the way."

He made an odd face, so I added quickly:

„Look, I don't want to be ungrateful, but it seems I have nothing to do at... well, here. Anywhere we are. I want to go home. Right now."

Then I stood up from the sofa, dropped down the blanket, and went into the middle of the room with the most determined steps ever.