I guess parents have bigger influence than they actually think.

Crazy.

"Fine!" Hoseok then gave in and patted Tae's head gently.

"Hush, hush baby" he said, even though Tae was completely silent.

"Everything is fine now. Appa won't leave us. He will be home soon. Let's make supper!" He exclaimed and stared sing-songing "cereal, cereal, ce-e-eeee-reeee-aaaaaaaaal" as he mixed invincible ingredients in a toy box, and stirred it with the TV remote.

Yoongi on the other hand, started packing up his pencils and the coloring book he was scribbling in, in order to go home.

Ah, kids.

Slowly, my oldest made his way over to Hoseok and Taehyung and while Hoseok chirped an overly happy "welcome home, darling" towards Yoongi, Yoongi just nodded and ruffled Tae's head, softly smiling and saying "Appa is home, little one"

I was nearly exploding because I couldn't decide if this situation was more cute or more funny?

"Why aren't you greeting me back? You have to give me a kiss on the  cheek!" Hoseok complained sassily and stood right in front of Yoongi now.

"I was saying hello to our baby first!" Yoongi tried to defend himself.

"Kiss me on the cheeks, just like Appa Joon does it to Appa Jin when he comes home!" Hobi demanded.

"But Appa Joon and Appa Jin are humans, and I am pretty sure we are playing lemurs!" Yoongi deadpanned.

And then Hoseok started pouting and Yoongi sighed deeply, stalking over to him, just to press a quick kiss on his younger brothers cheek.

And in the curse of a second, Hoseok's sunshine smile appeared again and he acted like nothing ever happened, reminding me an awful lot of the evil witch from tangled.

"Honey, look, I made supper. Cereal, your favorite!" He exclaimed happily and Yoongi started grinning.

"Delicious!" He exclaimed " nothing beats your cooking skills!" He praised Hoseok, who immediately started blushing while he puffed out his chest proudly.

What the heck was I even watching?

And why does Yoongi think making cereal is considered cooking?

These kids... seriously!

Jimin then stalked over to them, shyly looking at the happy-pretend family.

„Can Minnie play too?" he asked sweetly, frowned deep in thought and then added a „please".

„But we already got someone for every role! I am Appa, Yoongi is an Appa and Tae is the baby!" Hoseok exclaimed more or less telling Jimin, that he couldn't play with them.

Minnie's lips started quivering as he was denied and his head hung low. Poor baby.  But I decided that it wasn't time to interfere yet.

They needed to learn to fight their own battles and find their own solutions. Not to mention that I was done with scolding them today. My nerves were laying blank.

„I know!" Hobi then yelled. „You can be our pet!" he happily told Jinin whose mouth was open by now, thinking about the offer.

„Hobi! We already are lemurs! We already are animals! We can't have pets!" Yoongi exclaimed and Jimin's trembling lip and puppy look had a legendary comeback.

„Right..." Hoseok said, looking at Jimin apologetically.

„I would have loved to have a pet, but my husband said no" he explained and Jimin was near bursting out into tears.

„Tae wants Minnie to play!" Taehyung then said determined, not liking the look of his brother.

„Fine! Jimin can be our second kid. Being an only child is boring anyway!" Yoongi then gave in and rolled his eyes.

Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung yelled a „yay" that startled Kookie, who tried his hardest to fit Frisko on a tractor... needless to say that it didn't work and he slowly grew really, really frustrated.

The older kids ignored him and Jimin cutely stuttered out a „Appa" towards Yoongi.

„Oh well," Hoseok sighed defeated with his hands stemmed in his hips, „ I guess I need to cook more cereal then", looking fondly at a smiling Jimin.

I took that as a cue to get up myself and cook actual dinner, that wouldn't consist of cornflakes and some milk.

Time to show my brats what cooking really meant.

I chuckled as I walked out of the living room, going back into the kitchen to cook some noodles.