"What does it mean?" Kurenai looked over at him.

Asuma looked at us. "He's working on a strategy. All of the times we played, I've never beaten him,"

Kurenai was confused and I was too. 

"This isn't a game of shogi though, if he doesn't move any time soon, that Temari girl is going to end up attacking him," I said.

"Strategy on a board game is no different from strategy on a battlefield, and all great generals know that. Shikamaru's got the mind of a great general, you just watch," Asuma replied. 

Kurenai looked over. "I saw his test scores when we grouped the genin. His were no better than Naruto's, maybe even worse,"

Asuma took a puff of his cigarette. "He says the act of pencil to paper is such a drag and is too much work for him. He'd rather just take a nap than a written exam. He might be lazy, but he is so good at strategy games. I made him take an IQ test. Of course, I had to deceive him into thinking it was another game,"

"Well, what happened?" Kurenai asked.

He took another puff of his cigarette. "As I suspected, his scores were almost off the charts, beyond 'genius'. The kid has an IQ over 200,"

"Two hundred?" Kurenai gasped.

"Really?" I asked, in shock.

Shikamaru almost beat Temari, but then he just gave up.

"What the hell? Why did he just give up?!" I asked loudly.

Everyone in the arena was taken aback by Shikamaru giving up and started booing him. Now, it was time for Sasuke's match and a few people in the crowd started arguing about whether Sasuke or Gaara would win. 

Finally, Sasuke showed up.

"Sorry we're late," Kakashi said. "You wouldn't believe the traffic."

I rolled my eyes at Kakashi's excuse.

"Alright, the rules for this match are the same as the preliminaries," Genma said. "The match continues until one of you dies or admits defeat. However,  I can stop the match, but that's solely my decision."

Sasuke's match was pretty interesting. He actually managed to land a hit on Gaara and Gaara shouted something about blood. 

Suddenly, I started to feel sleepy and I could hear Kurenai shouting my name. I looked up at her wearily, seeing that she had the sign to release a genjutsu and I felt awake again.

I looked around, seeing that a majority of the audience was sleeping and the rest of the jounin and the Kages were unaffected by whoever had cast this genjutsu. 

"Someone just cast a genjutsu!" Kurenai exclaimed.

I saw Sakura was one of the few who were able to fight it off. 

"Dad!" I shouted, running towards where the five Kages stood.

I knew something bad was going to happen. Did the Sand Village just betray the Leaf? Did Orochimaru have something to do with it?

Just as I was about to run up there, a barrier surrounded them and I couldn't go up there. I could see the Kazekage and Dad were both talking. The Kazekage threw off his robes and I saw it was Orochimaru who had disguised himself as the Kazekage. I couldn't go up there and my gut feeling told me that I should be up there helping him.

I had no choice but to turn around and go to Kakashi and Guy to help them fend off the Sound ninjas who had disguised themselves as ANBU.

Guy was just as worried as I was about Dad, but Kakashi tried to ease our minds.

"Just remember, he's the Hokage. He can handle it." Kakashi said.

I gave one last look at the barrier, seeing that Dad and Orochimaru were still exchanging words. How could he do that to my father? How could he betray his own sensei? 

I swear, if something happens to him, I won't know what to do. 

Ibiki came up to me to tell me that snakes had been unleashed in the village and he needs my help to get them out of here. 

I followed him, finding a snake trying to threaten some family.

I ran over to where that snake was and weaved signs.

"Earth style, earth tremor sense!"

I motioned for the family to move and I touched the ground, causing it to tremor. The giant snake had a hard time trying to keep upright and then I weaved another sign.

"Earth style, earth dragon blast!"

A large mudstone formed from the ground, shaping into a dragon's face. The dragon shot at the snake, hitting it with a speed so quick that it knocked the wind of the snake. The snake poofed away and I sighed with relief. 

I had to help a few other jounin with more snakes. One snake started to corner me and I backed away, trying to weave some signs.

Suddenly, a voice rang through the air.

"Ninja Art Summoning: Bring down the house jutsu!"

I gasped.

That voice! 

I haven't seen him in forever!

A massive toad fell from the ground and landed right on top of this snake's head, crushing it instantly.

"That jutsu!" Ibiki exclaimed, having the same thought I was.

I looked at the Toad Sage, who stood on the toad's head. 

"Long time no see, Ibiki!" He greeted and then turned to me.

"Kasumi Sarutobi," Jiraiya chuckled. "What have they been feeding you? You used to be a little squirt!"

Ibiki stared wide-eyed at Jiraiya and I was more awestruck that he was actually here. 

"You're actually here!"

"M-Master Jiraiya!"

One of the ninjas who was with us gasped too. "Jiraiya? One of the Sannin?!"

"Alright you baby chicks," Jiraiya turned to face the last two remaining snakes. "Open wide those beady little eyes of yours and watch closely!"

He jumped a little on his right foot and struck a pose. "When it comes to dealing with otherworldly freaks and monsters, no one's better than a strange hermit ninja. Thank goodness that Jiraiya is here!"

The two snakes looked at him with confusion since they couldn't understand him.

"Now unless you wanna make this frog really mad, you'll never bother us again!" Jiraiya continued talking to the snakes. 

I jumped on the frog's head to face Jiraiya and I smirk at him.

"Long time no see, Jiraiya," I said.

"Where's the Hokage?" He asked me.

"The battle arena," I answered.

Jiraiya narrowed his eyes at the snakes and started to look worried.