13. Moving' On

Rico "Stones" Jameson.
June 30, 2017.
12:09pm.

• • •

Rico sat in his house sitting across from Sticks laughing as they played the game

Rico sat in his house sitting across from Sticks laughing as they played the game. "What's going on with your Shordy?" Keven asked curious.

"Nothing, she moving on and shit. Imma do the same." He shrugged. "Enough about me, who you think Anthony messing with? Nigga did a whole change." He laughed and Anthony sucked his teeth.

"Don't worry about me, that ain't got nothing to do with you. Just know me and mines locked in you feel me?" Anthony smiled thinking about Megan.

"Oh he stepping behind her huh?" Keven laughed. "Can't wait to meet her bro, proud of you." He shrugged.

"You always want somebody to settle down, nigga been tied to one pussy since he was sixteen." Rico joked with Keven. "Pussy must be grade fucking A"

"Don't even clown on me my nigga, you worry about you and how you stay fucking up your relationships bitch." Keven laughed shooting a three on the game.

"Who is she bro just tell us?" Anthony jumped up when he took the ball from Keven and shot from the half point line and made it.

"Yeah nephew, who is she?" Lue picked up his beer and gave him a look, as if he was telling him to tell them now.

Rico clenched his jaw. "A nobody." He shot a look at Lue.

Lue nodded and laughed. "How Lauren and Zeeke doing?" He asked the boys seeing how fast Rico had clenched his fist hearing that.

It was no secret that Lue was secretly waiting for Rico to man up and confess his love for Lauren, he knew they should be together but he was letting Zeeke step in and he was going to wait until it was too late to say something, Lauren was hurting now but In due time it was going to hit Rico and hit him hard especially if he' let her move on. But, Lue could only talk so much sense into him and he was going to let him figure it out on his own.

"They back a thing?" Rico tried to hide the anger in his voice.

"I guess they good, she been glued to his hip since last night." Anthony shrugged throwing the controller down since he'd lost the game. "Zeeke a good dude, I just hope she work out whatever the fuck she got going on and figure it out. It's hard as hell to see her dating, and my boy at that." He chuckled. "But I know he gone do her right."

"Yeah whatever, as long as he know I got a bullet designed with his name on it." Keven shrugged sparking up his blunt.

"Man gone." Anthony laughed but Keven really pulled out the bullet he had Zeeke engraved on. "Damn you dead ass?" He laughed harder.

"I like the fact he stepped up to all of us like a man and even asked her out. That's balls, and I respect him for that." Lue sipped his beer looking directly at Rico. "Anyways, y'all ready to go see Jared wanna be dead ass?" He stood and dusted himself off.

Rico hadn't know he was clutching his cup so hard until the glass shattered in his hand and he cursed himself. "I'll catch up with y'all" he ignored the questions and went to wrap his hand up looking into the mirror.

It was like every-time he got around to confessing he decided against it. He loved her, he figured that out by now and it was driving him insane to see another nigga doing the shit he was supposed to be doing, she'd blocked his number and ignored him as if he wasn't there when he was around. Before he came to his boys and pops as a man he had to even make sure she wanted him to be her man. He knew he said it was only sex because that's what he wanted to believe, he didn't want to believe he fell for her especially knowing who she was and how fucked up it all was.

Grabbing his keys he figured he'd just put it all out there today, he was sick behind her no matter how bad he tried to hide it but these past two weeks had been hell for him and to pretend he was sick of it. He was going to make her listen, and the ball was in her court at this point. He was willing to love her fully, coming clean to everyone and make her happy, he'd already broken her heart and he wanted to mend it.

Deciding to call her private he was surprised she'd answered this time. "Hello?" He smiled hearing her voice.

"Come over, We need to talk."

Lauren felt her heartbeat speed up. "Bout what? I'm busy."

"Just come over, please?" He sighed getting into his car. "Come at five."

"I'm not going to run just because you said so, I'm good." She hung up in his face and threw her phone frustrated.

----

4:59pm.

"So you called me over here, talk

"So you called me over here, talk." Lauren stood as far away from Rico as possible in his man cave, not looking at him.

"You look good." He complimented. "How you been?" He asked becoming nervous.

"Look Rico, is this what you wanted or you wanted me to come over so you can use me for sex?" She chuckled. "Why the fuck am I even here, I hate this shit." She sighed.

Rico ran his hands down his face and pulled her in between his legs by her waist. "I want you Lauren, alright?" He looked up at her and she shook her head removing his hands. "I'm serious, I don't care about it no more. I love you. I'm Inlove with you lil bit. I just got to see if I'm still what you want before I go to Keven and Jared about us." He looked up to see her wiping her face. He stood to wipe them for her. "I love you." He told her and kissed her lips, she gave in for a second but then pulled away.

"Rico.." She let out a shaky breath and stepped out of his embrace. "You broke me and I don't ever want to be like that over a man whose confused.." She dropped her head. "I'm moving on.." She looked at the tears on his face and turned to walk out.