Chapter 11: First Part of the Date

I was sparkling all over in my dress. Usually I never get to dress up ever; I’m usually in a leotard or in gym shorts. Leotards are not comfortable, when I am just hanging out in them.

I returned back to Jessica’ room, to show off my dress to her, when I walked into the room, Jessica exclaimed,” Abby, you're like glowing in that dress!”

“ Thanks, I really like it. You and Eric did an amazing job of picking it out.” i messed with my shoe that was rubbing against my heel. Hopefully they won’t cause blisters tonight. “So can you tell me where Eric is taking me tonight.”

“ I don't’ want to be a spoiler, but I will tell you that you will love it.” I guess I won’t be able to get it out of anyone then. Except if they tell you anything, it will be it will be perfect or you're going to love it. I’m going to stop trying and just take it as a surprise.

I rolled myself to the side of Jessica’s bed. We talked for the next thirty or so minutes about all the random things in our lives. Jessica is almost fully recovered and is allowed to go home in about a month. She lives a few hours away from the hospital. It’s going to be hard giving up the fact that I won’t be able to see Jessica every day. I will not let this damper my perfect day.

Suddenly Morgan walks in and grabs the handles to my wheelchair and said, “You’re coming with me.” Jessica waves to me when I started to leave the room. I didn’t have time to wave back.

Morgan raced me down the hallway to the front doors. As we went past the waiting room everyone turned to see what was going on. I couldn’t help but to smile. A little girl that was sitting down on her father’s lap yelled,” Look daddy! It’s a princess!”

I bet Eric put Morgan up to this and I don’t think it was time for her shift earlier today. As we went through the sliding glass doors, a breeze blew into our faces, making the little strands of hair in my face fly everywhere.

A few yards away stood Eric, in front of his dad’s red Corvette. He was looking very charming in khaki pants with a blue plaid button up shirt that made his muscles bulge out. His hair was in a nice spikey hair do. From where I was I could already smell the cologne he had put on.

Morgan started to slow down when we got closer to Eric. I saw Eric lip,” Thank you.” to Morgan. Then she turned around and left, going back to the hospital.

Eric moved closer to me and put out his hand to me. I placed my hand in his. He stepped closer and picked me up with one arm. He’s a lot stronger than he looks. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder still holding his hand with the other.

“You look beautiful today.” he told me looking into my eyes. He slowly leaned his lips to mine waiting a second before they met. He closed his eyes and I did too and our lips met. They fit perfectly together, as we moved our lips in sequence. It seemed like it was only a like a short period of time, but when Eric pulled away I was out of breath. My hand was on his cheek and his hand was on my neck barely touching my hair. It was the most passionate kiss I had ever had.

He set me down, still looking into my eyes, into the passenger's seat. “You look very handsome today.” I teased him. He smiled at my remark.

He picked the wheelchair off the ground off the ground and threw it into the back which made a thud on the seat as it hit. He walks back around the front of the car to the driver’s seat. Before he started the car, he asked me,” Are you ready for tonight?”

I smiled at him and told him,” Bring it on.” He laughs at me and zooms out of the parking lot.

I hear the V8 engine humming as he pressed on the gas petal. I felt the wind going through my hair. I close my eyes trying to calm myself down. I feel Eric start intertwining his fingers with mine.