Chapter 22: The Blend

I woke up with an ice pack pressed against my forehead with small water drops running down my cheeks. My eyes felt glued shut when I wiped the water away with the back of my hand. It could have been a couple of minutes that I have been asleep or a few days. All I know is that out of my living room window the sun was starting to set.

I don't even quite remember how I ended up on my couch. All I remember is my head feeling heavy when Eric touched my cheek and then him carrying me in his arms. I could feel my thighs throbbed from just laying on the couch.

My back popped and cracked as I lifted my upper half of my body into a sitting position. I pressed my palms against my eyes which made the fireworks appear on the back of my eyelids.

"Oh Abby your up. Are you feeling okay? If you are then I can get you some frozen yogurt if you want. It's only nine thirty so its not too late." My mom rambled as she turned the corner from the bathroom into the living room. She hurried towards the couch and kneeled down in front of me. She took the ice pack off of my forehead and pressed the back of her hand against it. "You do look better than before. Do you want any ice cream?"

I felt perfectly fine just tired and sore. So I nodded my head at her. She stood back up using the couch arm for some help. She was wearing long silk pajama pants with one of James' baggy t-shirts. Her hair was damp and straight that reached right below her shoulders.

She walked around our island and grabbed the carton of frozen vanilla yogurt from the freezer. "Oh also Eric told me to tell you to text him when you wake up. I'm pretty sure that I left your phone on the living room table." My mother called to me.

A small grin appeared on my face because my mother just confirmed for me that this whole Eric incident wasn't just a dream."Okay I'll text him once I finish my frozen yogurt."

My mother set my bowl of frozen yogurt on my lap. She also put some sliced strawberries on top with some small chocolate chips. My stomach started grumbling just by the look of the dessert. I dug my spoon in and it was gone in a matter of minutes.

I set down my now empty bowl on the living room table right next to my phone which had two text messages.

The first one was from Jessica saying," Hey there. Whatcha doin? Seems like forever since we've talked." Even though I literally talked to her this morning right when I woke up.

The second one was from Eric saying,"Hey text me when you wake up. Please:)"

I responded back to him,"I just woke up:)"

A few seconds later I get text responding," Great:) How you feeling?"

"I could feel better, but I'm not bad lol"

"I was thinking maybe we can meet up tomorrow to talk. Maybe at that café down your street if you feel up to it."

I set my phone down on my knee. Debating with myself whether this would be a good idea or not. I already talked to him once so what would be the big deal about going again. "Ya sure does 1 sound good to u???"

"Kk see you then."

"Kk"

I set my phone down on the table again and laid my head down on the arm rest of the table. My eyes started to feel like sand bags and the rest of my face felt weak.

"Abby are you planning on sleeping on the couch tonight?" my mother asked me.

I nodded my head or at least I thought I nodded my head before my awake mind fell asleep.

************************************************************************************************ ************

It was already one o'clock when my mother finally sat down in the driver's seat. She had pencils sticking out of her tight bun. She had large bags under her eyes. You could tell that she skipped her morning coffee to get right into her architecture blueprints.