chapter eighteen

five woke up to bright sunlight filling his eyes. this definitely wasn't a good start to the day.

his head was pounding and he felt like he was going to throw up.

what the hell had he done yesterday?

he hadn't even realised that he wasn't in a familiar place.

on a little table next to the bed was some tablets and a glass of water. a yellow sticky note was stuck on the glass.

thought you might need these. i'll be back in a bit.
flossie xxx

five downed the tablets and water and winced in pain. his head was really hurting.

he sat himself up a bit. he noticed that his clothing was gone, except for his boxers.

five looked around the room, taking in everything that surrounded him. he had never seen this place before.

he really needed some coffee right now.

five had no memory of what had happened. the last thing he remembered was seeing the lab go up in flames. after that, everything was a complete blur.

the door widely swung open. at first, all five saw was a foot on the door handle, before it was gone. florence's face appeared and she walked down the stairs.

she looked towards five, finally noticing that he was sat up and was looking at him strangely. in her hand, a paper bag and a coffee cup were gripped tightly.

"ah, you're finally awake. i was scared i was gonna have to throw snowballs at you," florence joked as she gave the bag and cup to five.

"i made sure that they did the coffee extra strong. i didn't want to hear your whining."

five blinked at her.

florence raised an eyebrow in return.

"are you going to take it? or do i have to shove it up your cocky ass?"

five took the things from her and sipped from the coffee cup.

it was perfect.

he looked inside the bag to find a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

his favourite.

"where am i?" five asked florence as he started to eat the sandwich. florence had plonked herself down onto the chair across the small room.

"this is diego's place. we didn't think that it was safe for you back at the academy."

"why wouldn't it have been safe?" five was clueless to what had happened two nights before.

florence sighed and sank down in the chair a big. she didn't want to have to tell five because he would just blame himself for everything.

"you remember those two people wearing the kids masks who shot you at the store?"

five nodded, "how could i forget? after all, they did have you taking off my shirt again."

normal five had returned.

florence didn't even bother to acknowledge what five had just said, so she just continued to tell the story.

"well, after i'd gone to get you the coffee capsules, i found them attacking the academy. they came looking for you, five. they took klaus." florence's head dropped. she hadn't heard anything back from diego yet. she hoped that both of them were okay.

five's face fell like a waterfall.

he had put his siblings in danger?

"baby, i'm so so sorry. this is my fault. if i should've gone back to the academy. i knew that something like thi-"

"it wasn't your fault, five. anyways, did you find what you needed?"

"well, i was about to before the whole lab went up in flames," five grumbled.

florence's mouth opened and closed like a fish, "and that's why you got pissed? i was so worried about you!" florence raised her voice slightly.

"i know, i'm sorry. hey, i'm guessing that you're the one who undressed me. too bad i can't remember it. can you do it again, sometime?" five smirked.

florence put her face into her hands, "trust me, undressing you wasn't the worst thing i did."

five shot up, "what else happened then? did you rape me?"

"of course i didn't rape you, dumbass. your dick is too small. anyways, you declared your love for me and wouldn't go to sleep until i said it back, and then i did and you still didn't go to sleep. you said you would go straight to sleep if i kissed you, so i did and then you were out like a light. you were also trying to get me to sleep with you and you said ,i quote, "there's a lot of space in the bed. we can do whatever we want." you were even more horny than usual."

"flossie," five dragged out the 'ee' sound. "you should've at least kissed me when i could remember it. that's not fair," he whined.

"i had to get you to sleep somehow, didn't i?"

"wait, was it just me and you in here last night?"

"diego went to find klaus and when all of that happened, luther was out finding a vending machine. he left quite early this morning though. he said he would be back to check on you at about..." florence paused to look at the clock, "any minute now."

five tipped his head back trying to get every last drop of his coffee. "where did you find me?"

"we found you on the top floor of a library. florence made a bit of a scene for you, you know. it was actually really-" luther's booming voice got cut off by florence.

"don't you dare."

luther had only just walked through the door. it seemed that he was taking diego's position of being 'the exposer' for once.

"no, no. please carry on, luther," five grinned at florence.

"well, we found you by this room and you were barely conscious, so flo went to go and check if you were okay. a girl came out of the room and started getting all touchy with you. long story short, florence threatened to freeze her eyeballs out and hit her with 'sweetie'."

"you are such a dickh-"

"aw, don't worry, baby. i think it's cute. you know, getting all protective over me. it's almost as if i was your boyfriend," five said, something in between a smirk and a smile was on his face.

florence glared at five.

"well, i'd best be off," luther announced.

"is that seriously all you came here for?"

he popped his head back around the door, "yep."

the door closed and five and florence stayed sat, looking at each other in silence.

"i bet you enjoyed getting me undressed."

"oh, shut up."

ok i just looked and this book is 15th in #gerardway and 12th in #netflix wtffff. thank you for all of the support. i really enjoy reading all of your comments! thanks for reading!

also thank you to @ssolarsystems for the amazing new cover!