Chapter Fifteen

Feel Something

○●○●

Her head hung low as she slipped through the crowd effortlessly. Some people greeted her, to which she responded with a wave. She didn't feel right. She didn't feel the same. It was like being trapped in a cage, chained with no way out. She wanted to scream to the world and curse Hiashi, but her lips were sealed shut. Her voice was long gone, far, far away with her heart.

She had nothing anymore.

Coming to a halt, she saw two familiar figures dressed in green spandex, talking animatedly. She sighed and forced a tight smile onto her face. She was supposed to be happy, after all. One of them turned to face her and smiled back, a sad smile.

"Hey Tenten." She felt a lump in her throat. Her mind was racing with thoughts she desperately tried to forget about. "Hey, Lee," she choked out thankfully not stuttering, "It's today, eh?" She tried to sound genuine but her voice cracked in the end. "I guess so...." Lee responded in a jovial tone.

How could they move on so fast?

Gai sensei stood up and clasped his hands together, "Well let's get going then! Shall we?"

Was I the only one suffering?

The walk was quiet, the silence was so horrible. Thoughts she tried to push away came back at full force to haunt her. She gritted her teeth and shut her eyes tightly. Gai saw this but didn't say anything, only looking at her with concern.

They finally stopped at a stone protruding from the ground. The edges were smooth and polished. The air was cold and crisp as the world seemed to stop spinning. One the stone, carved in neat, fine calligraphy...

Hyuuga Neji

The trio stood still in a pregnant pause. Lee finally breaking the ice, "Hey there, rival..." He cast a solemn look at the stone. "How's it going?" Tenten kept her mouth shut, she wanted to say something, but she couldn't. The two other men sighed. "We miss you Neji, but we know you wouldn't want us to cry, right?"

"I always knew from the very start, that I was destined to die in battle." He chuckled, coughing up some blood in the process," I never wanted to though... because I got to meet you." He smiled a sad smile. " I....I don't want-"

She fought back the tears, digging her fingers into the palm of her hands until they bled.

What did you want to say, Neji?

Soon they left but she stayed. Finally when no one was there she let her tears fall freely. She cried and cried bitterly mourning his name. Why? Why was this world so cruel? He didn't have to leave. He didn't...

But he did...

Sick. She felt so sick of trying. How long? How long will she live in this nightmare. Her life was colorless without him. It just would never be the same.

○●○●

Grey.

All she saw..

Blue.

All she felt...

Tenten slammed the door shut on her parents' yelling. She didn't care about them. They didn't matter anymore. She just wished for it to end. She stood by a metal table. Pulling the white cloth off, she examined the handiwork. Her slender fingers grazing against the cool, hard surface. Her eyes were empty. It wasn't the same. She would never be the same.

Her nerves wired.

Her skin steel.

No. After this, she wouldn't feel no pain anymore.

●○●○

"I do not know love. I am a robot."

~Jon Bellion (iRobot)

_______________________________

I am sorry for those who ship NejiTen, I mean most of you saw it coming so...

I'm trying to fix this book, very slowly.

to be continued~