8: Let's Get Down To Business

Începe de la început

"I'm sorry man, it won't happen again." He tried placing a hand on Winston's shoulder but he shrugged it off.

"That's what you say all the time. Last time it was you touching a girl's ass." Winston commented, patting Charlie's back.

"Just like you did mine." I retorted.

Charlie's eyes widened and he straightened up. Him and Chad aimed laser beams at Winston with their eyes.

"I can explain guys, I-"

They didn't let him finish his sentence before they swooped on him.

*
*
*
"Explain why an ant is called an insect." Mrs Bushburne, my biology teacher demanded.

My classmates started mumbling incoherently. I mean seriously what kind of question is that?

Jake, the clown of my class raised a finger. Bushburne pointed at him.

"Yes, Jake."

Jake smirked. "An ant is an insect because biology says it is."

Mrs Bushburne rolled her eyes impatiently and asked him to get back to his seat which he gladly did.

I was busy chewing the cover of my pen, something I did whenever I was bored.

"Well, Miss Ross, since you suddenly decided to become a goat, perhaps you could enlighten us on this area."

Laughter rang up in the class as I slipped away from my chair and facepalmed myself.

* * *

"Dude you should have seen her face it was epic." Charlie spoke up, wrestling with laughter.

The others were digging into their meals with gusto. By others I mean Chad, Winston and Shawn. Levi was absent and that was a shocker to me since he was always around. The boys said they didn't see him at all in the morning even the Coach asked about him.

"What happened?" Winston asked with curiosity, subtly digging his fork in my pasta and stealing a few strands from my plate.

Food thief.

Just if you're confused. They were talking about me. Charlie brought up my humiliation in biology class when Shawn asked how his class went. I went on full on blush mode when he narrated the entire story to Shawn.

It was a quite funny story but I just had to conceal my amusement with a scowl.

"Could you please not really talk about class here? Some people are trying to eat here." I flung Charlie a dry look.

The guys excluding my best friend stared at me like I had grown an extra head.

"Sheesh Hazel, what crawled up your ass?" Charlie asked, scrutinizing my face closely like he would figure out why I was irritated by doing that.

"My di-" Chad's perverted comment was cut off when Winston smacked the back of his head. Hard.

Shawn was chewing his food calmly and studying my face just like Charlie was.

I pushed my chair back. Charlie cringed at the screechy sound it produced even the people at the next table grimaced.

"Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom." A hand shot out to prevent me from leaving.

"You okay?" Shawn demanded.

I nodded and he let go.

Heading out of the cafeteria, I made my way to the female bathroom which was quite empty. Usually, one would have found some girl like Victoria worrying about her makeup or maybe even hear another sobbing in the stalls, probably from a terrible heart  break.