22: Get A Room

' Get A Room '

"WHICH OF THESE do you prefer?" I asked Tam, pointing at a pink ball gown hanging in one of those fancy glass enclosures. She shook her head in disapproval because she hated anything in pink. I gestured at another one, a red gown with a slit running down one side.

"I prefer the red dress." She replied, stroking the glass partition separating us from the beautiful dress.

"I'm getting it. Please excuse me..."  I beckoned a shop attendant over and she walked confidently towards us.

"Can I get this gown?" She nodded and carried out my request.

After a few hours of shopping for necessary stuff for the party, we went back home rather exhausted. I dumped the shopping bags on the floor and sank into a sofa, Tamara copied me.

Mom had to run out to attend to a lot of things concerning the party I knew would be classy. She invited Peter and gave him two other invitation cards for people he would like to attend.

I checked the time on my phone. 3:56p.m

We had barely five hours left to prepare for the party that was scheduled to start by 9:00p.m.

"Come on, let's go prepare." Tam said and pulled me up. I followed her upstairs after grabbing the shopping bags.

💭💭💭

"Wow, you look gorgeous!" My sister gushed, staring at my reflection in the mirror. She had done a perfect job on me, my face, my hair has been transformed, she packed it up in an elegant bun.

"Thanks sis, you look gorgeous too." I said, hugging her.

Her black gown was simply amazing. I loved the way it hugged her in the right places.

"Here." She handed me a small black box with tiny blue ribbons on it.

"What's this?" I demanded, shaking the box.

"Open it." Her eyes twinkled with excitement. When I opened the box, what I saw in the box dazzled me completely. A complete set of diamond jewelry stared at me.

"It's from Peter, you can thank him later, however you're gonna do that." She winked, but I was too busy admiring the jewels to whack the back of her head for that perverted comment.

"Party starts in five minutes girl, let's go slay!" She helped me put on the diamond necklace, and the earring, before pulling me out to my mom's car waiting for us.

Slaying time.

💭💭💭

I stepped out of the car and looked at the looming building in front of me. The paparazzi were taking pictures of people that matter. I turned to Tamara and she winked.

"Let's do this." She grabbed my hand and we covered the distance that separated us from the entrance.

She was fond of scenes like this. My sister was an attention-loving freak whereas I loved staying off the radar as invisible as I can get.

When  we got to the red carpet, I sighted Michael and Peter checking their  watches and tapping their feet impatiently. Tamara gave me a look and I snickered. They hadn't spotted us yet and I imagined the look that'll be plastered on Peter's face when he sees me.

"Miss, what fashion brand is your purse." One of the so called media-men sprang towards us with his microphone thingy.

"Louis Vuitton." Tamara said cooly. The man asked other questions and she answered patiently. The man ignored the glares I shot at him.