4: Let's Kiss

I dedicate this chapter to blackcage, my newest follower. Thanks a lot, hon.

...

~Dear no one -Tori Kelly~

'Let's Kiss'

*
*
*

Somehow, later that night after I returned from Shawn's house, I ended up sitting on the floor in our living room that looked just like a ballroom, if not wider. My parents were also seated beside me and we had bowls of chicken nuggets perched on our thighs as we watched a horror movie. Surprising, but every person in my household had a great love for horror movies. Chicklit and romance movies were out of the question for us, but I had a small stash in my room just in case I needed a little spice.

Well, I hadn't said anything to my mom, but when I arrived home, she attacked me with a hug, saying she realized that we haven't been spending a lot of time together. So, she ordered the chicken nuggets and waited till dad came back from work, then she tackled him to the floor beside us, suggesting we see a movie together.

"Could you be any stupid? Why did you go outside in the first place." Mom said, referring to a character in the movie who left the comfort of her room after being warned. And then, she got torn apart by a ferocious monster with red eyes and sharp pointy teeth.

Dad sighed and turned to mom. "Could you not do that?"

"What?"

I tried concentrating on the next scene that played before my eyes.

"Talking to the characters, it's annoying."

Mom frowned. "How could you say that? Well, Hazel doesn't mind, do you?" She laid a hand on my shoulder.

I bit down on my lips as I gazed at both my parents. Dad surely expected me to support his argument and mom too. Truth be told, I didn't like anyone talking while a movie was on, it made concentrating difficult.

"Actually mom, I find myself agreeing with dad."

My dad gave me a thumbs up and a wink while mom glared silently at him. I smiled as dad reached out to hold mom's hand. The glare on her face softened when he leaned in and kissed her on her lips. She gripped his shirt and reciprocated his kisses.

Ew...

I didn't want to watch a second rated porn show instead of the movie before me, so I cleared my throat.

"I know you both love each other, but could you at least move to a room, I'm trying to watch a movie here."

I smirked when they broke away and dad rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. Mom who was next to me reached out to pull my hair gently with a laugh.

"Don't mind your dad, he's a little horny, you know?"

I chuckled as dad narrowed his eyes at her. "Really? just wait till later."

Mom smiled and waggled her brows at him.

My parents were always like that, flirting right before me and Blake without any shame. They weren't behaving like they had being married for over 22 years. Dad still looked like how he used to be when they hadn't married and mom too, they hadn't aged much and it baffled me.

At times, when they weren't busy with work, I'd hear them yelling inappropriate words in their room, well what can I do? Blake and I would only shake our head and block out their noises with our earphones. It was almost like living with a bunch of horny teenagers.